Memories Of Terracing At Football - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Memories Of Terracing At Football

Was bored on nightshift so was having a look at the league tables that season.

Was it just the same as the pre-split games now and everyone played each other 3 times? Guessing it must be luck of the draw.

Also checked and Killie would have won the league on goal difference if it was 3 points for a win!

Pretty sure we played 44 games?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was bored on nightshift so was having a look at the league tables that season.

Was it just the same as the pre-split games now and everyone played each other 3 times? Guessing it must be luck of the draw.

Also checked and Killie would have won the league on goal difference if it was 3 points for a win!

No idea what you're looking at. If Kilmarnock got 3 points for a win and everybody else got 2 they still wouldn't have won it.

Not read through this thread. Just in bitty boozy. One of my best terracing memories was in 1990 when Theo saved Rogans penalty in the cup final and came over to the West stand and threw his glove in my direction. Absolute mayhem.

-Wave hand in air-

'lets all do the Anton'

'lets all do the Anton'

'na na na na'

Think I've been on the terraces of all the big clubs and of course Hampden in Scotland.

I did like the old Parkhead for the view if not the poor facilities.

Brockville was another favourite maybe more so because I only ever saw lose once there.

The enclosure at Ibrox was not a pleasant experience. Surrounded by knuckledraggers after we took the lead.

Remember going to Brockville in the 1995 season (the great escape) We had to beat Falkirk or we were down I think. We ended up winning 2-0!

Was any dons fans on here at that game??

We were in the enclosure behind the goals and it was absolutely jammed. Scary stuff when we scored actually! There must of been 7000 Aberdeen fans there that day (if you include the stand along the side of the pitch)

Remember going to Brockville in the 1995 season (the great escape) We had to beat Falkirk or we were down I think. We ended up winning 2-0!

We were in the enclosure behind the goals and it was absolutely jammed. Scary stuff when we scored actually! There must of been 7000 Aberdeen fans there that day (if you include the stand along the side of the pitch)

I was there. Think it was nearer 10k Dons fans. Even had half the terracing at the traditional home end.

jeez, so many away ends and dates are foggy...

afore mentioned Aberdeen / Rangers cup final at parkhead, also remember aberdeen v celtic around the same time abandoned for fog, cheer everytime we got to see the ball....

aberdeen / hibs at tynecastle...

Numerous Dumbarton games, used to always get lifted oer the turnstiles too....and no only the teams changing ends at halftime lol

Brighton / Peterborough in the 1999 FA cup, someone lit a flair and it felt all european, amazing atmosphere at London Road...

Getting promoted at Plymouth on Easter Monday

Blackpool in the depths of winter, old horse n cart going by as we got off the bus... singing the steptoe & son theme to some auld guy..

Singing the match of the day theme against Aldershot in the FA Cup for about 20 minutes...

Posh2.jpg

Great thread.

So many memories. Some fantastic Heats victories at Easter Road, appropriately with Sunday's game in mind this Scottish cup game from 1994 saw a late winner and complete bedlam in the old Dunbar End.

Favorite Celtic Park terracing memories were probably a Hearts win around Christmas to put us top of the league in front of a huge crowd in 1992, these back in the days when much bigger away supports enjoyed going to Glasgow!

Also Alan Preston's header in a Scottish Cup semi against Rangers whilst Hampden was being redeveloped (we ended up losing 2-1).

In terms of Tynecastle so many to choose from but probably the Bayern win back in 1987 would be difficult to beat.

Although another great memory of Tynie was actually a Scotland game in front of over 29,000 with a lot of people locked out.. the U16 World Cup Semi Final

Remember When I was a wee lad and started going to Tannadice mid 70s standing behind goal United were shooting towards then walked round behind other goal in second half. Then in later years it was the Shed for me. Celtic/Rangers used to get half and we got other half. Bottles and cans flying! frightening stuff .

Not half the Shed surely. I have no memory at all of The Shed ever being segregated. Did that happen?

I was there. Think it was nearer 10k Dons fans. Even had half the terracing at the traditional home end.

The Seville syndrome at play here.