Biggest Football Stadiums In Scotland - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Biggest Football Stadiums In Scotland

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great wee Wiki page, some surprises in here in relation to their capacity including a Lowland league teams stadium in top 10..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_stadiums_in_Scotland

Aye, and Albion Rovers down at 77th with 1238 capacity. Quite surprised that one of the "old time" clubs has such a tiny capacity.

Have you been to it recently?

An unfit shit tip of a ground.

last time I was there was for a game where mate was playing as a trialist in a bounce game against forfar, about 10 years ago- i recon

it was January. it was baltic.it was nil-nil.

Swore never to go back.

Am I right in thinking about 1990 the wall at the back fell down, so you could watch the games for free from the hill? No one bothered.

Aye, and Albion Rovers down at 77th with 1238 capacity. Quite surprised that one of the "old time" clubs has such a tiny capacity.

They built a new terrace this season which pushed the capacity up to around 2500.

And also, that list is not really a fair comparison. Most of the non-league grounds are including grass embankments as part of their capacity. At Cliftonhill there is an entire other stand that is not included as it is not in use and there is also plenty of embankment space. The record attendance is 24000 shows that

Edited by joe545

Will only be the main stand, as the other 3 sides are rubble, although I see suggestions another side might've reopened?

Actually, according to Non League Scotland..

The ground is enclosed by a hedge on three sides while on the third side is the large bench-seated stand. Concrete terracing runs right around Warout with grass banking above.

That was always my memory but judging by the pictures on the same page it looks like grass on three sides. Did they take out the concrete at some point between 1986 and now?

http://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/glenrothes.htm

any big Shinty parks, Bught in Inverness has 1000.

borders rugby has a few big stadiums as well

although I see the OP is about Football Stadia

Scotstoun = 9708, but is shut when it rains and the Warriors go (strangely enough) to Rugby Park. Can't see anything else over 5k.