Buses - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I have a minibus going to the match ariving early morning and I am unsure where to park within access of both trafalgar square pre game and wembley after the game?

Anyone going by minibus/coach or went the last time able to advise on where they were parked the day of the game?

There will be members with and without tickets so trying to find something that suits everyone.

Not sure if true or not Maz, but belief is that Traf. Square gets shut on November 11th. I try to avoid London that particular day so unsure but seems legit. You might need, as we all might, to plan alternative meeting point.

That wont be a problem, just about every pub in & around London will be busy!

Pub will be a better option anyway, its the middle of November this time :ok:

Exactly! no chance I am joining in with any outdoor activities planned. I will be staying warm inside the pub until its time to leave to go to the game.

Exactly! no chance I am joining in with any outdoor activities planned. I will be staying warm inside the pub until its time to leave to go to the game.

if last November in London was anything to go by the weather will be gid ?

I would leave minibus at Wembley and take tube into town then back out to match unless you absolutely have to take it in to town. Driving in London is a nightmare and parking (especially all day) is v expensive

as good an idea as this is, doesn't leave me anywhere to park a bus ;)

Haha fair point :ok: London aint a strong point of mine but my suggestion would be similiar to the above. Leave the bus in an area that isnt too congested (stupid I know as were talking about London!) and buy a day pass for the tubes..

I live in Rickmansworth,Hertfordshire and the rail/tube line into town takes 30 minutes and stops at Wembley Park.

You could come round the M25 come off at J18 and park up in Rickmansworth, there are car parks right opposite the station and it will cost you £4 for the day. You can take the Metropolitan line into Baker Street, this stops at Wembley Park, or the faster Chiltern Line into Marylebone. Travel after 0930 and use a contactless card to tap in and out and you can skite about all day long on the tubes for about £8.50.

After the game most people are trying to travel into London but as you are travelling away from London you will get on quicker.

You can also drive round to J17 and head toward Denham, only takes 5-6 minutes and park up at Denham Station which is on another branch of The Chiltern Line that goes into Marylebone via Wembley Stadium station. This is the closest station to the stadium