Who My Friends Support - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Who My Friends Support

Bit bored this morning at work - so checked who my FB friends like.

Scotland 37

Celtic 18

Rangers 15

Dundee Utd 15

Dumbarton 6 (wife's fault)

Hibs 4 (surprised so low as I lived in Edinburgh for three years know plenty of Hibbies)

Hearts 3 (as above)

Aberdeen 3

Raith Rovers 1

East Fife 1

Motherwell 1 (shocked, there are at least five in my office. I don't FB workmates though)

Dundee FC don't seem to have an Official FB page or I'm sure they would be in there.

Edited by adamntg

Also,

Kilmarnock 1 (who also seems to support Rangers, which confirms what we all know about Killie fans)

Aye no bother.

I think i have a better understanding of the demographics of the Killie support and that assumption is so wide of the mark its unreal.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Got a wide range of fans of different clubs on facebook from going to Scotland games but the vast majority will be Celtic.

How was the OP able to check by using Facebook?

He's not had his hole in a while so went through folks pages to see who they supported is my guess as he had nothing better to do. :ok:

He's not had his hole in a while so went through folks pages to see who they supported is my guess as he had nothing better to do. :ok:

It tells you how many mutual friends like such and such on the page, where it says number of likes. Beats working.

On the Rangers page it says "Likes include Killie fans as well, obviously".

I follow Celtic, Rangers, Ayr Utd, Motherwell etc on Twittter.

I don't support them.

This is something I don't understand. Why follow teams you don't support? I just don't get it.

I have no interest in the PR tweets of other teams. Im not that fussed about the Rangers ones as it is.

Most pals or folk I know are either Rangers or Celtic. Split pretty evenly.

A few Aberdeen, Hearts and Falkirk, probably more Hearts with Killie, Dundee Utd, Hibs, Liverpool, Newcastle, Man Utd, Alloa, Stirling and Dunfermline making the odd appearance.

Edit - feck forgot Motherwell. They are the only other team in Scotland, I've been along to watch a couple of times too.

Edited by Angus_Young

I actually agree with him on this one. Enough spam posts from your own team without seeing nonsense about the East Stirling ladies team doing a sponsored cycle around Millport.

Point I'm making is everyone is different and it's really not that hard to understand why a Scottish fitba fan would take an interest in other Scottish fitba teams.