Hamburg - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hamburg

Sempre

Helping to organise my mate's stagger for the end of April.

I think it's fair to say the Reeperbahm will take care of most of the weekend.

Quite fancy going to a game though; Hamburg v Werder Bremen is scheduled the weekend we're going. Has anyone been before?

I'm guessing from the website tickets can be bought pretty easily, but is there sections to avoid/go to. Looks like their safe standing sections are already sold out.

I read the fixtures could be any time from Thursday-Monday and only get confirmed a month in advance. But of a if we go but then miss the game, but we're thinking about potentially getting a train to nearby Hannover if they were at home.

I've been to HSV a couple of times, last time was about a year ago against Hertha on a Friday night, got tickets no problem via the website. They don't usually go on sale until maybe 3-4 weeks before the game so you shouldn't have the problem of having tickets and then the game being moved for TV. Just checked and last year's game sold out so make sure you check the website regularly to get an idea when they go on sale.

Its a fantastic stadium but nothing much up and around there and its a longer hike from the S-Bahn to the stadium than you think, a good half hour.

Hannover's a nice enough place and is easily accessible from Hamburg on the ICE. The ground is walking distance from town.

Helping to organise my mate's stagger for the end of April.

I think it's fair to say the Reeperbahm will take care of most of the weekend.

Quite fancy going to a game though; Hamburg v Werder Bremen is scheduled the weekend we're going. Has anyone been before?

I'm guessing from the website tickets can be bought pretty easily, but is there sections to avoid/go to. Looks like their safe standing sections are already sold out.

I read the fixtures could be any time from Thursday-Monday and only get confirmed a month in advance. But of a ###### if we go but then miss the game, but we're thinking about potentially getting a train to nearby Hannover if they were at home.

Hannover are away to Ingolstadt that weekend.

Wolfsburg at home to Augsburg is also an option.

In the BL2, Bielefeld are at home to Fürth.

Yeh was getting my dates (well, fixtures) mixed up because was also looking at the weekend after when St Pauli are at home, and from memory Hannover were also at home that week.

Yeh was getting my dates (well, fixtures) mixed up because was also looking at the weekend after when St Pauli are at home, and from memory Hannover were also at home that week.

better off spending the night in zwick than gaun tae see St pauli ;-)

I notice a lot of fixtures get moved, but what about the last day of the season? Do they all kick off at the same time?

* It's St Pauli at home that weekend actually, so even if the Bundesliga all kick off at the same time, Bundesliga 2 could still be different? We're trying to book so that we can get to a game but also be home for the last day of the top 6 in Scotland.

Edited by Sempre

I notice a lot of fixtures get moved, but what about the last day of the season? Do they all kick off at the same time?

* It's St Pauli at home that weekend actually, so even if the Bundesliga all kick off at the same time, Bundesliga 2 could still be different? We're trying to book so that we can get to a game but also be home for the last day of the top 6 in Scotland.

For the last weekend of the season, all Bundesliga games are 3-30 on the Saturday, Bundesliga 2 are on the Sunday (1-30 or 2-00)

I went to a Hamburg game last seaon whilst on a stag. They seem to have a seaction (above the away fans) which is set aside for day trippers and tourists. There were several Scottish and English stag parties all housed in this section. Great fun to be honest, highly recommend it.

Edited by Frazerbob