Terry Wogan - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I get the impression this thread may not contain the same amount of wailing & gnashing of teeth as the Bowie one. In this age of celebrity death hyperbole, I am glad I don't watch watch TV anywhere nearly as much as I used to.

I assume the rolling news channels will be filled with teary eyed b-listers giving their emotional 30 second eulogies. Over & over & over...........

Sarah Moore, who the hell are you, and why are you on the BBC 1 News?

Over a 10 minute tribute on the national news, thats too much. A 77 year old presenter has died, sorry, but who gives a toss apart from his friends and family. National news, honest to fck.

Im sure he donated his fee (which he never asked for) to charity from around 2007 onwards

It was seemingly a nominal sum (about £9000) in 2005

Quite frankly for all the charity work and time he put in and tens of millions he raised he deserved it

I repeat that he never asked for or demanded payment

Whether he should have refused originally is another thing but as i said it was deserved