Flights From Scotland - Malta v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Flights From Scotland

Slide tackle

Jeez they're expensive, was looking to go thurs-tues but to go direct theyre asking £500 odd. Anyone know if any airlines are yet to release their flights or have I just missed all the good deals

your getting return flights from Aberdeen wi AirFrance for £250 mate . Out on Sat and back on Tues

Jeez they're expensive, was looking to go thurs-tues but to go direct theyre asking £500 odd. Anyone know if any airlines are yet to release their flights or have I just missed all the good deals

Not the closest Airport but still direct from the UK with Ryanair on the dates you wanted:

Price Breakdown

• Bristol to Malta Thu 1st Sep 06:20 - 10:40 FR 3774
    • 1 x Adult fare£ 90.99
  • Malta to Bristol Tue 6th Sep 11:05 - 13:40 FR 3775
    • 1 x Adult fare£ 93.99
Total price£ 184.98
Edited by macwomble

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/26/2016 at 8:54 PM, Saintee64 said:

Been searching for flights but everything so expensive. Can anybody help me out with ideas.

Flights from Bari, Catania and Rome are always reasonably cheap to & from Malta.    With it still being holiday season though.. probably be dear.

Athens is a new one that has popped up for €40 euro return recently.     Then there's a couple of Milan airports that are connected but have noticed flights are getting more and more expensive to/from there. 

On 26 February 2016 at 7:54 PM, Saintee64 said:

Been searching for flights but everything so expensive. Can anybody help me out with ideas.

Just booked Edb-Rome-Malta-Rome-Prestwick Friday to Tuesday for £180 have to change airports in Rome but seems to be straightforward enough

Need to try and do this one in as short a trip as possible but it's costing me.

Saturday 3rd - KLM - Glasgow - Amsterdam      Air Malta - Amsterdam - Malta

Monday 5th - Air Malta - Malta - London Heathrow    British Airways - London Heathrow - Glasgow

Costing around £470 :(

Not an easy place if you missed the early deals i dont think - finally booked up a couple of weeks ago and paid £330 or so for Thursday - Monday via London, both flights very early in the morning.

Ignore that last post that's our route for Italy game! We are going for a week Tuesday-Tuesday out Manchester but booked this as a package holiday around £400 each as that was one of the best deals we could find. Ryanair flights

Me any my girlfriend have just booked the following (cheapest I could find due to being a late booker):

Edinburgh to Bristol

(Wed 31st Aug 08:15 - 09:30 EZY422)

£29.74

Bristol to Malta

(Thu 1st Sep 06:05 - 10:25 FR 3774)

£ 33.99

Malta to Bristol

(Tue 6th Sep 10:50 - 13:25 FR 3775)

£46.99

Bristol to Edinburgh

(Tue 6th Sep 16:35 - 17:45 EZY427)

£32.24

TOTAL - £142.96

Although we will have to spend a day and night in Bristol which won't be too bad as haven't been before. We also risk missing the connecting flight if the flight back from Malta is delayed but would rather risk this than wait about and get the 21:15 flight.

There is very similar flights from Glasgow if anyone is looking for cheap flights but doesn't mind the extended travelling.

Now I just need to hope my Northern Irish girlfriend takes the news well that my organisation for a romantic 5 nights trip to Malta happens to coincide with the Scotland game. Although she's adopted Scotland as her home the past few years, I'm sure she would get kitted up in tartan and happily go to the game if anyone is selling a ticket ;)