Time To Ditch Hampden For Semi Finals? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Time To Ditch Hampden For Semi Finals?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somewhere like mcdiarmid would be ideal in terms of logistics.

Pittodrie, Easter road or tynecastle are the only stadiums outside Glasgow that are really suitable size wise, more so if Celtic or Rangers are involved.

Finals should always be at Hampden, semis maybe on a case by case?

Speaking of logistics, I presume the team travelling from the north have the north east area of the ground?

:lol:

They're not expecting much over 20000 today which will be a terrible visual for our game. Appreciate some games will have a premium demand but I am certain Easter Rd would have sufficed today. Is it so wrong to have games where ticket demand exceeds demand?

Why not Pittodrie?

Given the distances involved that would have been fairer but there seems to an unwritten rule that certain teams will not be asked to play semi finals outside the central belt.

Why not Pittodrie?

Given the distances involved that would have been fairer but there seems to an unwritten rule that certain teams will not be asked to play semi finals outside the central belt.

Sorry . Pittodrie would be fine. Didn't really want to make it an issue about the game today specifically.

The difference in capacity between Pittodrie and easter road is minimal. There was no reason whatsoever why Caley had to travel to Edinburgh to play hearts twice in a semi final. The argument about hearts taking more fans doesn't hold up.

Also if say there was a 20,000 seater stadium in Inverness would hearts still bring 15k fans up to a Sunday lunchtime game live on tv? Not a chance. I'd imagine you would get a massive support from Caley or any team if a semi final was played in their own city.

Edited by iainmac1

Apparently Aberdeen are set to appeal Ambrose's red card to allow him to play on Wednesday.

I know you are joking but will he miss Wednesday? I thought it was only violent conduct you miss the next domestic game, regardless of the competition?

Edited by Angus_Young

1-1 half time. Both teams equally pish in the first half. County especially have been very wasteful when in decent positions. Mis-placed passes, poor control and long balls from both sides.

Griffiths could probably be happy enough with his shift but apart from him there is no real quality on show.