Time To Ditch Hampden For Semi Finals? - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Time To Ditch Hampden For Semi Finals?

Nowhere near 16 years ago.

We played Falkirk at Fir Park in the 2007 semi final. Naisy hat trick.

Was a Wednesday.

We played Dundee United at Dens in the 2000 semi final. Stavrum goal..

Was a Sunday.

We can all point out the obvious.

I shouldn't have used the word 'changed' as I didn't mean that it was a permanent thing. I know there were plenty of semis midweek after that, I was at some of them.

I meant that there was a precedent in 2000 for weekend semis.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a Sunday.

We can all point out the ###### obvious.

I shouldn't have used the word 'changed' as I didn't mean that it was a permanent thing. I know there were plenty of semis midweek after that, I was at some of them.

Yes but they changed permanently to weekends about 5 or 6 years ago.

Your post read as they changed 16 years ago.

No need to get so touchy!

Was a Sunday.

We can all point out the ###### obvious.

I have a memory of being in the main stand at Tynecastle when Utd beat Aberdeen and Craig Easton scored and that was midweek. Actually maybe that was before 2000.

I think I merge that with my memory of the Zaluska semi where Clangers gifted Gomis his first goal in about 10 years. But I thought that was midweek as well...

If this doesn't advance the argument, at least I managed to get them mentioned. ;)

I have a memory of being in the main stand at Tynecastle when Utd beat Aberdeen and Craig Easton scored and that was midweek. Actually maybe that was before 2000.

I think I merge that with my memory of the Zaluska semi where Clangers gifted Gomis his first goal in about 10 years. But I thought that was midweek as well...

If this doesn't advance the argument, at least I managed to get them mentioned. ;)

We played you at Tynecastle twice midweek. Once where you beat us 3-1, there was a bit of bother after the game, with Aberdeen fans being attacked near the buses.

Then there was the game where Zaluska was making w*nker gestures at the Aberdeen fans when Utd equalised after Considine had put us ahead. That was the same game where Langfield f*cked up to cost a corner, from which which Utd scored. Seem to recall some coffee cups being chucked at him from the Utd fans prior to that.

We played you at Tynecastle twice midweek. Once where you beat us 3-1, there was a bit of bother after the game, with Aberdeen fans being attacked near the buses.

Then there was the game where Zaluska was making w*nker gestures at the Aberdeen fans when Utd equalised after Considine had put us ahead. That was the same game where Langfield f*cked up to cost a corner, from which which Utd scored. Seem to recall some coffee cups being chucked at him from the Utd fans prior to that.

The 3-1 game was the one where Easton scored and was 1997. The other game you mention was 2008, you lost 4-1. Both at Tynecastle.

Motherwell played Hearts at Easter Road (canny beat a neutral venue! :lol: ) midweek in 2005 semi.

We played Rangers at Hampden on a Saturday or Sunday (weekend anyway) in 2010/11.

I mind an Early Saturday game at Hampden. Mcfadden scored a cracker to open the scoring. We went on to win the game but strangely it's only his goal I remember.

Now I think about it, it was a cracker of a day. Maybe it was a SC semi?

I mind an Early Saturday game at Hampden. Mcfadden scored a cracker to open the scoring. We went on to win the game but strangely it's only his goal I remember.

Now I think about it, it was a cracker of a day. Maybe it was a SC semi?

Yeah, Scottish cup semi, early Ko on a Saturday (I had to do a back shift after it)

Think Bert Konterman scored the winner?

Clarkson put one over the bar from about 8 yards in front of the Motherwell fans that would've put Motherwell 3-1 up at halftime. He had a massive dip in form after that!

That could be one of several games :P although I do recall coffee cup incident.

Was at easter road a few years back for a motherwell vs hearts semi. Geat atmosphere but three sets if casuals hearts, hibs and motherwell battling all the way up leith walk towards the train station was scary.

I was at that game, absolutely brilliant. Motherwell won it in extra time after being 2-0 up after 80+ minutes. Mark Burchills first game for Hearts I think

Was at easter road a few years back for a motherwell vs hearts semi. Geat atmosphere but three sets if casuals hearts, hibs and motherwell battling all the way up leith walk towards the train station was scary.

Thought you were the Top Bouy at Motherwell!

The 3-1 game was the one where Easton scored and was 1997. The other game you mention was 2008, you lost 4-1. Both at Tynecastle.

McLaren and Winters got the other goals. Pretty sure it was the midweek after we qualified for France 98 ??

I was at that game, absolutely brilliant. Motherwell won it in extra time after being 2-0 up after 80+ minutes. Mark Burchills first game for Hearts I think

Can't recall Burhill playing for the watey farts. Remember Stephen Craigan scoring and Mark Fitzpatrick getting the winner in ET.

Can't recall Burhill playing for the watey farts. Remember Stephen Craigan scoring and Mark Fitzpatrick getting the winner in ET.

It might have been Lee Miller I'm thinking off then, Well missed a penalty late on too iirc

Burchill did play for Hearts. Not for very long though I don't think.

Burchill and some Icelandic youngster came off the bench and both scored in the last 5 to give us extra time we didn't deserve before Jamie Mcallister gifted you the winner