Hibernian Vs Ross County, League Cup Final - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hibernian Vs Ross County, League Cup Final

35 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I know of 2 semi regular attenders at Easter Road who are going to the rugby instead.

A game of rugby which is guaranteed to take place annually/bi-annually (home and away) or the chance to see Hibs in a cup final. Even if I had the slightest bit of interest in the egg chasing there would only still be one outcome for me

How they can even begin to justify that is incomprehensible

Whatever floats your boat though I suppose

going to hampden isnt a good day out

i wont be there either

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, dan cake said:

see my first sentence

Must admit, that played a big part in me not renewing my SSC membership.  Match day experience is garbage for a number of reasons.

That said, Cup Finals don't come around very often, and to be in one whilst in the second tier is a big achievement.  

2 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Must admit, that played a big part in me not renewing my SSC membership.  Match day experience is garbage for a number of reasons.

That said, Cup Finals don't come around very often, and to be in one whilst in the second tier is a big achievement.  

no doubt if you're a weegie you'll have a different opinion but for me its just not enjoyable

i got home after the spain game at 0300 hrs (working at 0530) from a game that was 45 miles from my house

never again

saying that if it was the scottish cup final against a non old firm team i would have made the effort

6 minutes ago, dan cake said:

no doubt if you're a weegie you'll have a different opinion but for me its just not enjoyable

i got home after the spain game at 0300 hrs (working at 0530) from a game that was 45 miles from my house

never again

saying that if it was the scottish cup final against a non old firm team i would have made the effort

Aye I hear you mate. I live 30 miles from Hampden myself and had similar issues. Germany game I missed the first 11 minutes. Poland it was 32 minutes, that was despite leaving earlier. 

At 40 sheets a ticket, it's just not worth it. 

16 minutes ago, giblet said:

The Spain game was horrific but now with the bypass round Glasgow, no need to try and go through Rutherglen.

its a lot better.

i was on the train, the first 2 from glasgow were full

eventually got on one about 0030 hrs then because we were in the last carriage all the taxis at haymarket had been taken

had to walk home :mad:

8 minutes ago, dan cake said:

the party (if) will be in leith not glasgow

Hope so. The cooncil and polis aren't allowing one tomorrow if we win. It will be on the 21st.

Ill be getting a cairry oot and having a street party if we win anyway. I'll be oot fur dayz

10 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Hope so. The cooncil and polis aren't allowing one tomorrow if we win. It will be on the 21st.

Ill be getting a cairry oot and having a street party if we win anyway. I'll be oot fur dayz

surely most of them will be in their bed ;)

5 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

The Rugby is trumping the Cup Final!

J

4 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Utter farce

Bit of an arse-up on the planning front. The Six Nations fixtures have been out for about a year, having the kick off at the same time as a Scotland home game is pretty daft, especially with the BBC covering both you'd think someone would've mentioned it well in advance?

3 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Bit of an arse-up on the planning front. The Six Nations fixtures have been out for about a year, having the kick off at the same time as a Scotland home game is pretty daft, especially with the BBC covering both you'd think someone would've mentioned it well in advance?

Been having this discussion on Hibs.net. The sanctity of the Sunday seemed to be strong. That said, why not have the final the Sunday before or after. Problem solved.

And I wouldn't be missing it due to the final being on my youngest lads birthday.

Any other day and I'd have been fine.

Still, got a good day planned with my eldest and my Dad round mine with some beers, steak pies at half time, and hopefully Champagne at full time!