Hibernian Vs Ross County, League Cup Final - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hibernian Vs Ross County, League Cup Final

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

March 13th. Scottish Cup quarters are the week before and the next game after the final is Ross County v ICT. Could be a bad game for one of us.

could be a game between the two cup holders..

That would be some feat for the El Kessicko Brothers....

Yeah that would be acceptable...if we are still in the Scottish Cup. Two rounds to go before then though.

Getting knocked out of the cup and then County having a victory celebration at the derby game would be a bit shit!

surely you would afford them a guard of honour...

Its the Highland way.....

is game at Dingwall?

surely you would afford them a guard of honour...

Its the Highland way.....

is game at Dingwall?

Yeah at Dingwall.

With the league cup final on a Sunday you can't have the usual next day parade. They would have to do it the following week. If they win the cup that game at home would be more of a victory party for them.

Edited by iainmac1

I've already had 4 messages from people that have never set foot in Easter road asking for tickets.

I'm not sure why it annoys me but it does. I hope that people don't think we just have to turn up to win the cup ala 2004.

We are a championship club playing premiership opposition so we will be underdogs. I hope it's a great game with the correct outcome for myself.

I've already had 4 messages from people that have never set foot in Easter road asking for tickets.

I'm not sure why it annoys me but it does. I hope that people don't think we just have to turn up to win the cup ala 2004.

We are a championship club playing premiership opposition so we will be underdogs. I hope it's a great game with the correct outcome for myself.

never understood peoples expectations of that final, Livingston had a far better team than hibs. Think they beat us 3 times that season if my memory is correct

I appreciate you don't want to sound over confident mate, but I can't agree with that. If you have real aspirations of being back in the top flight, you can't be going into these games thinking you are underdogs and I would highly doubt your manager and players have that attitude.

I'm not saying you will win it easily either BTW but there are a lot more factors to consider other than league position.

Edited by Angus_Young

I appreciate you don't want to sound over confident mate, but I can't agree with that. If you have real aspirations of being back in the top flight, you can't be going into these games thinking you are underdogs and I would highly doubt your manager and players have that attitude.

I'm not saying you will win it easily either BTW but there are a lot more factors to consider other than league position.

I get what you are saying, but I don't want people getting carried away.

We have got to the final and have given ourselves a great chance to win it. It will also be a tough game as I'm sure Ross County won't just give us the trophy.

I'm sure that what's being said behind closed doors will be different from what is said in the press as the team does have a confidence about.

This is a great bonus as promotion is the ultimate goal this season to put us back in the top flight.

I get what you are saying, but I don't want people getting carried away.

We have got to the final and have given ourselves a great chance to win it. It will also be a tough game as I'm sure Ross County won't just give us the trophy.

I'm sure that what's being said behind closed doors will be different from what is said in the press as the team does have a confidence about.

This is a great bonus as promotion is the ultimate goal this season to put us back in the top flight.

Aye I would agree with that, just don't agree you are underdogs is all. I personally fancy you to win it, but equally Ross County have nothing to fear so I wouldn't be shocked to see them win either.

It'll be a tough game but both fans will have a great day regardless.

Are my right in saying if we win the cup. We'll be the first championship/first division to club to lift it since Raith?

Yes, and only the 3Rd club from lower Division to get to the final since then.

Dundee the year after Raith, then Ayr Utd being the other two.

Where the feck are they all coming from? Population of Dingwall is less than a third of that!

Big proportion of the support comes from the outlying areas like Alness, Tain, Invergordon and the in between villages then you also got a fair bit of the support comes from the west coast and a few from Sutherland too.