Trafalgar Tae Wembley - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Trafalgar Tae Wembley

broinarms6

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time going to London.....whats the quickets way to get from Trafalgar Square to Wembley. And the likelyhood is that i wont have a ticket...is there any point in travelling to Wembley, wheres everyone else without a ticket heading?

Bakerloo line from Charing Cross

Depending on which part of the ground we're in, either Bakerloo to Wembley Central from Charing Cross if we are in west or south stands or if we are in north or east then Bakerloo to Baker Street then change on to Jubilee.

It's a wee bit quicker then if you're in a hurry to change from Jubilee to Metropolitan at Finchley Road as the Metropolitan line misses out a few stops even though both lines run alongside each other to Wembley Park. Saves about ten minutes.

Pubs round Wembley are pretty gash so I wouldn't get there too early though.

Depending on which part of the ground we're in, either Bakerloo to Wembley Central from Charing Cross if we are in west or south stands or if we are in north or east then Bakerloo to Baker Street then change on to Jubilee.

It's a wee bit quicker then if you're in a hurry to change from Jubilee to Metropolitan at Finchley Road as the Metropolitan line misses out a few stops even though both lines run alongside each other to Wembley Park. Saves about ten minutes.

Pubs round Wembley are pretty gash so I wouldn't get there too early though.

FFS, the guys never been to London before and you're trying to get him to change from the Bakerloo, to the Jubilee to the Met to save 10 minutes. :-))

FFS, the guys never been to London before and you're trying to get him to change from the Bakerloo, to the Jubilee to the Met to save 10 minutes. :-))

Aye thought it might be a bit much which is why I said if you're in a hurry. I normally just stay on jubilee but if I'm short of time will change. If you're in plenty time then as well to just change the once at Baker Street.

Although both changes are just a quick hop across to the next platform....

To be honest I would miss out the Trafalgar Sq bit. Especially with it being the 11th.

Exactly. Go to Traf sq if you want to show respect during the remembrance day commemoration's. Don't expect there to be any of the usual shenanigans, which I hope everyone will observe, and not try to have a "party", which will not be the done thing on this occasion .

I will be giving that whole area a body swerve.

Aye thought it might be a bit much which is why I said if you're in a hurry. I normally just stay on jubilee but if I'm short of time will change. If you're in plenty time then as well to just change the once at Baker Street.

Although both changes are just a quick hop across to the next platform....

That will be a few hundred ending up at West Ham station. ?

Has to be somewhere?, the masses will still go with or without a ticket.....

has!!!!???? I don't think it is a requirement that a public meeting place has to be arranged for away fans. Feel free to arrange one yourself and see who turns up though :ok:

and as for the "MASSES" I am fairly certain those with a ticket will be tucked up in pubs keeping warm until near kick off time, and those without will be staying put to watch it on TV...

has!!!!???? I don't think it is a requirement that a public meeting place has to be arranged for away fans. Feel free to arrange one yourself and see who turns up though :ok:

and as for the "MASSES" I am fairly certain those with a ticket will be tucked up in pubs keeping warm until near kick off time, and those without will be staying put to watch it on TV...

Not that London would organise something. I ment the ones who go without a ticket will be heading somewhere during the day (likely most of the ones with a ticket also) I doubt you will see them all "tucked up in pubs" From morning to ko. I would expect those without a ticket in a boozer somewhere at night for the game.

Not that London would organise something. I ment the ones who go without a ticket will be heading somewhere during the day (likely most of the ones with a ticket also) I doubt you will see them all "tucked up in pubs" From morning to ko. I would expect those without a ticket in a boozer somewhere at night for the game.

to confirm are you meaning somewhere indoor or outdoor during the day? The weather will most likely be terrible so I can't see masses wanting to meet anywhere outside... or stay for long if somewhere was arranged before diving back into pubs for heat... indoor would be a cracking idea but its finding a place big enough that can hold the kind of numbers you are talking about that will accept us in...

Im sure by broinarms6's comment he ment inside or out.Sadly I am not too cultured with London and where to go in large groups inside or outside. Any ideas? If last year is anything to go by London was around 15degrees around the same time, Im sure weve met outside in worse than that. What's the pubs like around wembley? My memory of them from the last time is dim.

Im sure by broinarms6's comment he ment inside or out.Sadly I am not too cultured with London and where to go in large groups inside or outside. Any ideas? If last year is anything to go by London was around 15degrees around the same time, Im sure weve met outside in worse than that. What's the pubs like around wembley? My memory of them from the last time is dim.

Look out for Ted Christopher gig if your interested in congregating with a large group of Scotland fans for the day. That will be indoors and will be at a venue where plenty can get in, keep an eye out on the England thread as details will be posted regarding the venue, ticket prices etc.

Fans will be spread out based on where their hotels are, where has easy tube access to Wembley etc. We will most likely be allocated pubs which are nearby to the side of the ground we are allocated. Again the SFA will confirm this information nearer the time.

Sorry I am just not optimistic for a mass meet for this game based on 1) time of year and 2) Trafalgar Square being off limits for Armistace Day. If something does go ahead outside hopefully there is a good weather for it as no-one is going to hang about in the p*ssing rain or freezing cold all day and if it is inside then it should be a decent afternoon for all going!!

FFS I know where the platforms are! I have been getting the tube for 25 years.

However x thousand pissed up Scots don't. I reckon a few hundred getting on the wrong line is being conservative.