February... - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to spell words like realise with a z as in realize. This is probably down to the laptop I use being Yank minded with the spell checker.

It was mentioned on here before that the Scots way of spelling those words is to use the z.

Edited by Toepoke

Same trouble every year as I can never spell this fvcking word at the first attempt. It also doesn't help that I'm an English teacher!

I had to double check the spelling and write it on the board before my students came into class this morning.

To the OP - could you no just have written 1/2/16 or 1st Feb on the board - what a total boton ... or is that botton?

I'm starting to spell words like realise with a z as in realize. This is probably down to the laptop I use being Yank minded with the spell checker.

Immigrants should learn to use the language of their new country. Although I think Donny (or maybe somebody else?) has told off about this before, and the "zeee" isn't really an americanization at all.