Midweek Games - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Way happy with that one - that's a great result for the Jags.

Another shut out too.

Two seasons ago we couldn't buy a shut out or a home win.

Archie has really done well this last couple of years, and long may it continue.

Tomáš Černý... or big Tam Black has been outstanding in goal. We've had 8 clean sheets this season mainly due to him. Considering our poor start, that's good going.

Up to 8th with just two points behind Dundee in 6th. Need to be aiming for them & St.Johnstone now..

Tomáš Černý... or big Tam Black has been outstanding in goal. We've had 8 clean sheets this season mainly due to him. Considering our poor start, that's good going.

Up to 8th with just two points behind Dundee in 6th. Need to be aiming for them & St.Johnstone now..

Yep - I'll admit I really feared that game tonight.

The defence has done well after the first nine games.

Now if we can just add some support for Doolan and some additional firepower from the three behind him................

Police over reaction going by mates at the game.

Seen pics of about 20 of them standing in front of the away end.

Shame they are useless when they actually need to work. Kenny Mccaskill has a lot to answer for.

Young lad (10) clipped by a copper and a policewoman indiscriminately swinging a baton at the suspect in the middle of the crowd. At least a dozen coppers trying from both sides to arrest a 14 year old boy for nothing, during play, with absolutely no concern for anyone's safety. The actions of the police could have caused a serious incident tonight, absolutely despicable behaviour from Police Scotland. The match commander must have been watching that through his fingers in horror. They won't be happy until there is no one in a football ground.

You sure the boy was 14? Really didn't look it but that was from a distance. Certainly took some effort to arrest him, he was not going down without a fight!!

I didn't see what he did or didn't do to merit it so can't comment much further.

As for the game itself, bloody dire!! delighted to get the 3 points in quite a jammy fashion and i doubt either side could have grumbled too much with a 0.0 as the attacking standards last night were shocking all round.

Certainly wasn't for Cerny we had a clean sheet last night as he had nothing to do, that was down to some decent defending from the back 4 and a wonderful header off the line from Gary Fraser right after we had scored.

I often look at the Thistle bench and worry about who could possibly change a game for us but not last night, Pogba was outstanding when he came on, Amoo was alright and Fraser although he only had 5 mins he was the 2nd most crucial player for making sure we got the 3 points after obviously Lawless for scoring the goal.

Funnily enough pretty much every single Thistle cross or shot yesterday (not that there was tons) ended in a deflection off a Motherwell player so it was fitting that we would the game in that manner :D

As said before, the last 2 seasons we'd have lost that game, instead we are the happier bunch after last night.

However as a spectacle if Sky or BT had that game last night they would have tore up the Scottish Football contract!!

Oh and on a final note, the referee was pretty hopeless last night (same guy responsible for the Halliday red card last week)

Edited by Garywag

Big game at Todders tonight. Celtic will be looking to bounce back after Sunday in what is surely a must win for Aberdeen.

I'm going for 1-2

0-3.

Not said this many times in my puff but hope the Dons can prove me wrong and take the 3 points.