Leicester - What A Team This Year - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Leicester - What A Team This Year

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just dropped a huge log in the pan,

My Wife is making spag bol for tea,

I'll probably shave tonight,

Then I'll scratch my baws until I sleep.

If I was you I'd watch Vardys goal and think about the World Cup qualifier ;-) mon the Leicester and Spurs ;-)

It's hardly as if Leicester are impoverished paupers...they've got millions to spend...but I suppose it's all comparitive and if they won the league it would be the equivalent of Ross County or Hamilton doing it in Scotland.

They've got a tremendous team spirit, some top class players and a manager that it's almost impossible not to like. I hope they go on and do it, but their next two games will determine if they've got the belief to be champions, or if they're going to be happy with 3rd or 4th place.

On a side note, I'd never been to Leicester until my daughter went to Uni there, and I must admit I enjoyed visiting the city. It's quite muticultural and vibrant, and a real sports mad place with the rugby and football stadiums almost next to each other.

My daughter doesn't give a crap about sport. For 3 years she lived 150 yards away from the Kingpower stadium and never even knew it was there, or when a game was on... :lol:

It's hardly as if Leicester are impoverished paupers...they've got millions to spend...but I suppose it's all comparitive and if they won the league it would be the equivalent of Ross County or Hamilton doing it in Scotland.

They've got a tremendous team spirit, some top class players and a manager that it's almost impossible not to like. I hope they go on and do it, but their next two games will determine if they've got the belief to be champions, or if they're going to be happy with 3rd or 4th place.

On a side note, I'd never been to Leicester until my daughter went to Uni there, and I must admit I enjoyed visiting the city. It's quite muticultural and vibrant, and a real sports mad place with the rugby and football stadiums almost next to each other.

My daughter doesn't give a crap about sport. For 3 years she lived 150 yards away from the Kingpower stadium and never even knew it was there, or when a game was on... :lol:

Aye agreed. They have got huge resources compared to our clubs but it's small beer, relative to how the club's around them spend their dough. £37M spent this season, but they acquired 7 players for that.

When you consider Stoke just spent £18M and Newcastle are throwing in £21M bids for one player it's pretty conservative.

Fair play to them.

Backed them at 14s just after New year, thought it was a great price considering man city are in 4 competitions, arsenal aren't really bothered as long as they qualify for the champions league and well spurs are just spurs. Would be great for football to see a club who aren't one of the "big boys" win the greatest league in the world, only in the premiership etc

Backed them at 14s just after New year, thought it was a great price considering man city are in 4 competitions, arsenal aren't really bothered as long as they qualify for the champions league and well spurs are just spurs. Would be great for football to see a club who aren't one of the "big boys" win the greatest league in the world, only in the premiership etc

I have a sneaky feeling this could be Spurs' year.

Sadly, I still think Leicester willl end up dropping away and might be a fairly distant 4th. But everyone's been saying that for months now, of course...

Now as a spurs fan i would normally agree, however we dont appear to be Spurs anymore which for us spurs fans is actually quite disconcerting !!! if we dont do it which is highly unlikely (IMHO) i would love to see leicester do it ;-)

Edit: and whatever you think of it as a league I'd still take it over the one or two horse races that most European leagues are !!

Edited by Nobby

Aside from Vardy I don't think I could name a single Leicwster player. Probably could if I think about it for a moment......No, not a single one. I know Ranieri is the manager though. Not that I care, but I doubt if there is a time in my lifetime that a team has been top of the EPL that I wouldn't have been able to name most of their starting XI. Not sure what that signifies. Perhaps that I'm getting old and my memory is going; or maybe that it isn't the pull to the casual observer that many would have you believe. Most likely nothing much at all.

Edited by Pool Q

Aside from Vardy I don't think I could name a single Leicwster player. Probably could if I think about it for a moment......No, not a single one. I know Ranieri is the manager though. Not that I care, but I doubt if there is a time in my lifetime that a team has been top of the EPL that I wouldn't have been able to name most of their starting XI. Not sure what that signifies. Perhaps that I'm getting old and my memory is going; or maybe that it isn't the pull to the casual observer that many would have you believe. Most likely nothing much at all.

An interesting ramble.... :lol:

Now as a spurs fan i would normally agree, however we dont appear to be Spurs anymore which for us spurs fans is actually quite disconcerting !!! if we dont do it which is highly unlikely (IMHO) i would love to see leicester do it ;-)

Edit: and whatever you think of it as a league I'd still take it over the one or two horse races that most European leagues are !!

spurs still 6/1 if you fancy them, hopefully I won't have to suffer the wrath of half the board but our top league will be a one horse race for the next decade Edited by dan cake

Aside from Vardy I don't think I could name a single Leicwster player. Not sure what that signifies. Perhaps that I'm getting old and my memory is going.

I would say that you are possibly a casual observer who only pays attention to Sky and BBC ramming the big names or English players down everyone's throat.

I thought everyone knew Schmeichel, even if only because of his dad. He did play in Scotland for a while too.

Huth and Morgan have been around for years and for me Mahrez is their main man and I don't see them being able to keep him, then he'll move for big money and The media will take notice of him.

Edited by Jagtag