Leicester - What A Team This Year - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Leicester - What A Team This Year

Man City away and Arsenal away are their next two games. Come through those unbeaten and they really need to be taken seriously. Just noticed Spurs are 3rd now too.

Very true, but City's next 2 games are Leicester who are just above them & Spurs who are just below them (and have already humped them this year) so it could be an interesting 2 weeks & I doubt anything will be any clearer after that :ok:

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that you are possibly a casual observer who only pays attention to Sky and BBC ramming the big names or English players down everyone's throat.

I thought everyone knew Schmeichel, even if only because of his dad. He did play in Scotland for a while too.

Huth and Morgan have been around for years and for me Mahrez is their main man and I don't see them being able to keep him, then he'll move for big money and The media will take notice of him.

I would say you are wrong. I don't have Sky, and only watch MOTD once in a while on a Sunday morning. I didn't know Huth was there, I last remember him being fairly awful at Stoke. Don't really know where I thought Morgan was, more pertinently I think I just didn't care. Some of us get that it just isn't all it is made out to be, some don't. Edit. You are right, I should have remembered Schmeicel was there. Edited by Pool Q

I would say you are wrong. I don't have Sky, and only watch MOTD once in a while on a Sunday morning. I didn't know Huth was there, I last remember him being fairly awful at Stoke. Don't really know where I thought Morgan was, more pertinently I think I just didn't care. Some of us get that it just isn't all it is made out to be, some don't.

I would say then I was right. You don't really care so wouldn't pay attention other than the big media stories ( didn't just mean Sky and BBC). You don't even have to care or pay attention to notice them.

Even my Girlfriend who hates football and takes no interest whatsoever still knows Gerrard, Rooney, Terry etc. Not because of anything they have ever done on the pitch and she probably couldn't tell you who they play for. It's a media thing.

I would say then I was right. You don't really care so wouldn't pay attention other than the big media stories ( didn't just mean Sky and BBC). You don't even have to care or pay attention to notice them.

Even my Girlfriend who hates football and takes no interest whatsoever still knows Gerrard, Rooney, Terry etc. Not because of anything they have ever done on the pitch and she probably couldn't tell you who they play for. It's a media thing.

No you are wrong, but carry on.

No you are wrong, but carry on.

If you say so. But by not knowing more than one player from the team top of the league then you have to wonder. Especially when that one player you do know is the only one that the media seem to talk about.

I would also say that you wouldn't the only one. I'd bet half the supporters of clubs in England couldn't name more than a few Leicester players.

Schmeichel

Simpson

Morgan

Huth

De Laet

Mahrez

N'Koute

Drinkwater

The boy who used to be at Villa

Ulloa

Vardy

Thats just a wild guess at their starting X1.

Albrighton.

But I think what Pool Q is saying is pretty much the norm.

My mates are all english and if asked would profess to being very knowledgeable in English football.

I'd bet if asked they would say Vardy, Schmeichel and then struggle.

If you say so. But by not knowing more than one player from the team top of the league then you have to wonder. Especially when that one player you do know is the only one that the media seem to talk about.

I would also say that you wouldn't the only one. I'd bet half the supporters of clubs in England couldn't name more than a few Leicester players.

I do say so. And I don't profess to be a supporter of a club in England, although I did have a season ticket at Griffin Park for three years when I lived in Ealing, but that's a different matter. On that point though, you may well be right, it may be the case that a lot of the pretendy fans of EPL clubs couldn't name many Leicester players. But as I'm not one of them, I couldn't say for sure.

I do say so. And I don't profess to be a supporter of a club in England, although I did have a season ticket at Griffin Park for three years when I lived in Ealing, but that's a different matter. On that point though, you may well be right, it may be the case that a lot of the pretendy fans of EPL clubs couldn't name many Leicester players. But as I'm not one of them, I couldn't say for sure.

Best team in London in the Best league in England. Though I lived in Brentford for 7 years and only a ten minute walk away for last 6 years I only go to see them occasionally. I prefer London Scottish Rugby.

As I said above, I'd bet it's not just the pretendy fans of EPL clubs that couldn't name too many Leicester players.

Best team in London in the Best league in England. Though I lived in Brentford for 7 years and only a ten minute walk away for last 6 years I only go to see them occasionally. I prefer London Scottish Rugby.

As I said above, I'd bet it's not just the pretendy fans of EPL clubs that couldn't name too many Leicester players.

I'm talking about in the late 80s when Perryman was there. Loved it, great wee ground and a few pints in the Griffin or Magpie & Crown before and after. Haven't been to Brentford in over 15 years. And I played for London Scottish (2nds, mind they had about 6 teams then) for a season. Loved that part of London. Edit. Oh and my nephew, George Horne, is playing at Scottish this season.

Edited by Pool Q

It was certainly weird hearing Gary Lineker eulogising about playing under him...

Silky football wasn't their strong point but they were fit as f*ck (he reproduced the gullane sand dune in a builder merchant's yard) and ran about like maniacs for 90 minutes something that seemed to disorientate the opposition.

spurs still 6/1 if you fancy them, hopefully I won't have to suffer the wrath of half the board but our top league will be a one horse race for the next decade

Cant do it, as soon as i do it will jinx them (spurs fan see !!) Glasgow mancity doesnt appear to have shaken off his "we'll always be shite" mentality quite yet either and they've actually won something recently !!and most Spurs fans are the same !!

Onr funny stat though following last night. Delle Alli who is considered "challenger" to Jack Wilshere (the one who hasnt played this season) at Euro 2016 has now scored more premier league goals for Spurs that Wilshere has scored for Arsenal !!!

Just nice to be up in the rareified atmosphere for once. I doubt it will last !!

Cant do it, as soon as i do it will jinx them (spurs fan see !!) Glasgow mancity doesnt appear to have shaken off his "we'll always be shite" mentality quite yet either and they've actually won something recently !!

Of course I've not - when Aguero scored against QPR, I still though we could lose the league :shocked::shocked:

Like how they play and upsetting the apple cart.

Got family in Leicester and found it to be a bit of a shit tip. One positive is large Asian population who are big fans of the club and attend which excluding some London clubs is still quite rare. Believe Wolves and Bradford are doing good things re inclusiveness but never been to game at either.

Like how they play and upsetting the apple cart.

Got family in Leicester and found it to be a bit of a shit tip. One positive is large Asian population who are big fans of the club and attend which excluding some London clubs is still quite rare. Believe Wolves and Bradford are doing good things re inclusiveness but never been to game at either.

It's pretty grim - found one decent boozer (The Marquis on London Road - good selection of real ales) - as you head east from there towards Oadby it actually starts becoming quite pleasant (leafy suburbia).