Leicester - What A Team This Year - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Leicester - What A Team This Year

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3-1 full time.

Shows how good Leicester have been this year when that wasn't classed as a shocker.

Pretty sure the commentary said earlier on that Leicester were about 10,000-1 for the title at the start of the season ! Obviously massively reduced now.

Can't see them winning the league but what a season for them.

Think Forest under Clough were the last team to win the top league ( Div 1 back then ) as a promoted team.

Ranieri has been excellent for them, looks like a well balanced and happy squad, the total opposite to Man Utd under LVG.

Edited by jock strap

3-1 full time.

Shows how good Leicester have been this year when that wasn't classed as a shocker.

Pretty sure the commentary said earlier on that Leicester were about 10,000-1 for the title at the start of the season ! Obviously massively reduced now.

Think Forest under Clough were the last team to win the top league ( Div 1 back then ) as a promoted team.

Ranieri has been excellent for them, looks like a well balanced and happy squad, the total opposite to Man Utd under LVG.

Leicester aren't a newly promoted team.

It's a great story. I hope they win it.

3-1 full time.

why can't you see them winning the league? These results aren't flukes

They were 4-1 after beating liverpool, odds are now 13/8 ( bet victor) :blink:

Well played the foxes, hope they push on and take the title challenge to the last game of the season when anything can happen.

Goodluck

Edited by Robroysboy

They were 20-1 after beating liverpool, odds must surely drop after today's result.

Well played the foxes, hope they push on and take the title challenge to the last game of the season when anything can happen.

Goodluck

saying on sky just there that they are 7/4 favourites

would be great if they could do it

Have to say that I thought Leicester would have started to slip back by now but they really haven't. They've been helped - I'm not going to call it lucky - by being able to field a pretty consistent team. Add to this that none of the other challengers seem to put together a run - although Spurs are sitting quietly doing their thing.

Games are running out and you have to say they've a really good chance. Only thing I'd add about Ranieri though is that when the pressure really started to tell when he was at Chelsea, in the first leg of the CL semi-final away at Monaco, he completely lost it. The longer it goes with people saying they've no chance, I think the better for them.

why can't you see them winning the league? These results aren't flukes

Totally agree they are not fluke results.

I just think that the so called major teams have more experience and composure to deal with the pressure towards the end.

I genuinely hope they don't burst the bubble as I really enjoy watching them.

Well.

A pretty astounding result today. I think most people would have thought that a good result for Leicester would been to have scraped a draw.

But to go to the ground of your closest rivals, play superbly, and win 3-1 ?

It's a whole new ball game, as our Yankee Ormondish cousins love to say.

Hope they can hang on but if they blow it we'll see Lineker greetin'.

Win-win.

Just saw Vardy's volley last night. What a strike! They'll do well to keep him...

Didn't realise they read the TAMB!...

http://mobile.lcfc.com/news/article/jamie-vardy-signs-leicester-city-contract-to-2019-2942557.aspx

Edited by Toepoke

What a difference a year makes.. Bottom last year tap this ... Would love to see them do it just as a GIRFUY to all the so called big teams that most media and pundits put on a pedestal. Oh and it will mean those in the Champions league having to dig out their Atlases..

12 hours ago, hannibal smith said:

On Saturday, February 06, 2016 at 3:26 AM, hannibal smith said:

They were 20-1 after beating liverpool, odds must surely drop after today's result.

Goodluck

saying on sky just there that they are 7/4 favourites 

would be great if they could do it 

20-1 was Aberdeen odds to win spl. After beating celtic.