Leicester - What A Team This Year - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Leicester - What A Team This Year

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, allyc said:

I don't like Leicester in the same way hibs don't like hearts...

I don't pay much attention to people's profiles, locations etc.

I assume you're a long time Scot in Derby, Nottingham or somewhere around there then ?

Edited by fringo

On 11/04/2016 at 4:29 PM, sbcmfc said:

FFP is a sham to protect the already super rich clubs from any challenge from upstarts like Leicester.

It's clubs like man city and Chelsea "pulling up the ladder behind themselves" as I heard it very well put.

Not quite true, City were very "lucky" to be able to grab onto the ladder as it was being pulled up.  FFP was put in place to stop teams like City & PSG being heavily invested in & splitting up the teams that have been the mainstays of the Champions League since the European Cup was re branded :ok:

19 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

Not quite true, City were very "lucky" to be able to grab onto the ladder as it was being pulled up.  FFP was put in place to stop teams like City & PSG being heavily invested in & splitting up the teams that have been the mainstays of the Champions League since the European Cup was re branded :ok:

Sorry, you're right. It was brought in to stop any more man city's happening. They were a poor example!

:lol:

I got a chuckle at the booing of the Champions league music at the Etihad the other night.

If Spurs win their last 5 games they finish on 80 points. I think they are unlikely to do that. If Spurs only drop 2 points then Leicester need 6 points from their last 4 games to win the league. That point that they sneaked today could be very important.

It was always going to be a tough game today for Leicester. West Ham are in pretty decent form.  You would settle for a point after having been a goal down 3 minutes into added time and having played with 10 men for over 35 minutes. Swansea up next Sunday. That is a must win game. Still 8 points required from 4 games if Spurs win their last 5 games.

41 minutes ago, Kirk said:

I can see stoke stealing something from spurs tonight tbh, a lot of pressure on spurs and leicester.

If Spurs do have a bad night there'll be real pressure on them to hold on to 2nd given Man City's current form...

23 hours ago, Orraloon said:

If Spurs win their last 5 games they finish on 80 points. I think they are unlikely to do that. If Spurs only drop 2 points then Leicester need 6 points from their last 4 games to win the league. That point that they sneaked today could be very important.

At the Moment I now think Spurs will win all their Games and will pip Leicester on the last day by Goal Difference..

Leicester will drop points to Utd and Chelsea.. 

or I could be sprouting pish.,....

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

If Spurs do have a bad night there'll be real pressure on them to hold on to 2nd given Man City's current form...

Aye city seem to have remembered how to play football again, or close enough

32 minutes ago, stocky said:

At the Moment I now think Spurs will win all their Games and will pip Leicester on the last day by Goal Difference..

Leicester will drop points to Utd and Chelsea.. 

or I could be sprouting pish.,....

Very possible but to win 5 games in a row is a big ask for anyone. Most years yea you would expect chelsea and utd to take points but neither is particularly good this year. Just wonder if Vardys absence will make a difference

29 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Just wonder if Vardys absence will make a difference

Apparently been charged by FA for his reaction to the red card yesterday, so definitely missing 1 game for red, but could get worse...

Not seen it, but heard 1st one was barely a foul and 2nd wasn't a dive, more just appearing to go down easily.

Hope not, but this could be them hibsing if up?

8 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Apparently been charged by FA for his reaction to the red card yesterday, so definitely missing 1 game for red, but could get worse...

Not seen it, but heard 1st one was barely a foul and 2nd wasn't a dive, more just appearing to go down easily.

Didnt see the first one, saw the "dive" and i dont think he dived as such, think legs got caught and he probably did go down easily, probably wasnt a penalty or a dive.

Aye wheels could come off, hope not 

35 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Shearer and Henry both said it was a dive last night..

he ran into the West Ham guys legs.. 

Although the refereeing performance at that game was Collumesque....

1 hour ago, Kirk said:

Aye city seem to have remembered how to play football again, or close enough

Very possible but to win 5 games in a row is a big ask for anyone. Most years yea you would expect chelsea and utd to take points but neither is particularly good this year. Just wonder if Vardys absence will make a difference

Utd have to get points to get in top 4, Chelsea could be where my thoughts come apart

I think it will, Vardy is the main man for the score on the break,,,to score or to target..

11 minutes ago, stocky said:

Utd have to get points to get in top 4, Chelsea could be where my thoughts come apart

I think it will, Vardy is the main man for the score on the break,,,to score or to target..

Chelsea are already on the beach - if Leicester need a result then, they will get it.

44 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Thought it was a blatant dive, and his reaction was ridiculous. Think he comes across like a pr'ck.

He is a pr!ck and a racist one at that. It was a definite dive as well and not the first time he has tried to con referees this season.

On 14 April 2016 at 9:55 PM, fringo said:

If anyone here seriously doesn't like Leicester because 1-2 of those previous managers then it does sum up the sad state of affairs of west coast Scotland and it's bigotry.

I'm happily assuming that can't be a real reason though (la,la,la,la)

I think you'll find many Rangers' supporters have a soft spot for Leicester 

sport-football-leicester-city-football-c