Leicester - What A Team This Year - Page 21 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Leicester - What A Team This Year

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Never catch on in Glasgow, you mean? 

I went to a trophy parade in Union Street in Aberdeen where 70,000 people lined Union Street. 

I was there that day (we had played you the day before and i'd stayed overnight).

Good wee day out on the booze! 

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the parade in Leicester and then the park afterwards. The parade was great, sun was out, loads of families. The atmosphere was really electric . The park thing was good too but there was a bit too many people. It felt more like a festival than a football event. There was a feeling that Kasabian would turn up but nobody really knew until the curtains were lifted. They were excellent too. The whole thing was really well done.

There is still a feeling of disbelief that this has happened. It really is amazing.

I always thought Leicester missed out by not having a real local rival, a proper derby. Forest, Derby, Coventry are all rivals of a sort but Leicester were never the main rivals of those teams. The other side of that though has been that the whole city and the county have got behind the team. Pretty much every shop has Leicester City stuff in the window and probably every other house.

Leicester has a very diverse population and this thing has crossed all racial, religious and cultural divides. It has been amazing how the whole city has come together for this. I can't of anything other than football that could have done that.

• 2 months later...