Aberdeen V Celtic - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen V Celtic

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The result was pleasing. Second half was dire though and I stuck it off with 15 to go.

I thought the first half was dire but the second was a good game of football in a cracking atmosphere with some decent play on show.

We've been poor and are winning 2-0 :lol:

Celtic had all of the ball but done hee haw with it......

I think that sums up a lot of the match to be honest. Celtic had a fair bit of the ball but lacked any real creativity to create clear cut chances.

Think Bitton (despite having no heart), Tiernay and Griffiths are superb. Them aside, could have been watching anyone in the league. Shinnie was the best player on the pitch. The lad has a lion heart.

I think thats why the league is as close as it is at the current time. While it was pleasing to see Celtic start with 7 Scots in the starting line up, there isn't many of them, or the rest of the side, who are actually on a level above the rest of the SPL players.

What Celtic have is a good goalscorer at SPL level and thats about the one thing that puts them above the rest of the SPL, Rooney aside.

The 3 behind Griffiths last night could have been playing for any other SPL side. Brown is either not fit or lost his spark but he is not the player he was a season or two ago. Biton is pretty good beside him however. I thought the Dane at the back was good as well as Tierney but the rest, including Gordon, are very average.

Celtic badly need Commons fit. He is 15 goals a season from midfield which is massive for any side to lose, even Celtic. Between losing him for a lot of this season, ohansen being half the player he was last season and also, dare I say it, missing Charlie Mulgrew, Celtic are really quite an average SPL side. The Dane aside, and also possibly the Croat, we are far weaker in defence than last season when VVD and Denayer were both very good.

Lets keep it positive.

Aberdeen are challenging Celtic for the league. Celtic are the dominant football establishment in Scotland with 5 to 10x the resources as others.

Hearts have been resurrected and ate strong enough to beat Celtic.

Lots of good news stories in the Scottish Cup including Linlithgow Rose and East Kilbride.

A very tight bottom 6 looking to avoid relegation and play off place.

Championship is exciting with Rangers, Hibs and don't forget Falkirk challenging each other.

I like the Alan in Football Related slightly more than the other one in Anything Goes

Thought it was a deserved victory for Aberdeen.

First 20 or so minutes, Celtic looking in control and comfortable but the goal turned the game totally around and Aberdeen never looked back.

Tactics by McInnes were spot on and in the end, it could have been 4 or 5.

Only positives for Celtic were the thumb and KT at left back, the kid looks a cracking prospect.

Could you imagine what the score would have been of Ambrose was playing :yikes3:

CKR should have been sent off IMO, very fortunate to have stayed on.

Shinnie had a cracking game, like many others in the Aberdeen team.

This result has certainly made it interesting in the league. RD should be binned now but think he will be kept to the end of the season.

Well done Aberdeen.

I didn't think the atmosphere sounded anything special.

Heard both fans on occasions but I thought it would have been proper bouncing.

Could be TV deception mind you.

Did Celtic have a smaller than usual allocation ? They looked penned into that wee section.

Did Celtic have a smaller than usual allocation ? They looked penned into that wee section.

That's been our allocation the last few times now. 2000 I think.

We'll get the rest back when McInnes leaves for sevco probably.

All teams get the same allocation due to season ticket sales.They might get less next year when our crowds go up due to everyone wanting to see the champions.