Aberdeen V Celtic - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen V Celtic

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing like keeping things in perspective.....and that was nothing like it. Sensational for world fitba? You need a lie down son!

It will be sensational for World fitba' if the Old Firm's stranglehold on the Scottish game can finally be toppled. What year was the last non-Celtic-Hun winner?

It will be sensational for World fitba' if the Old Firm's stranglehold on the Scottish game can finally be toppled. What year was the last non-Celtic-Hun winner?

I doubt many folk from outside Scotland would bat an eyelid. The shockwaves might be felt as far afield as Ireland.

:lol:

I was speaking to an English colleague that seens pretty into his football, and he didn't even seem vaguely aware of Motherwells play off victory over Rangers. He was aware Rangers had been coming up the leagues, but didn't know if they were in the top flight or not.

We didn't deserve to be getting beat at half time last night but the second half was a different matter all together. Apart from the goal I don't recall a shot on target.

We will drop more points but so will Aberdeen. They are a very agricultural side in their approach, it's all about knock downs, running the channels and playing percentages which will only get you so far. I don't believe they have the guile to break down teams when they set up to frustrate them. I think they have the players that are good enough but McInnes seems insistent on stifling his technical players and adopting a route 1 approach.

As for the far reaching reactions if Aberdeen won the league I think eyebrows would be raised all over Europe, no doubts about it. The match report from the Guardian had 152 comments at 9am this morning and you'd be lucky to get 152 comments. on the SPL from that website throughout a whole season, so there's definitely external interest in the league.

As for the far reaching reactions if Aberdeen won the league I think eyebrows would be raised all over Europe, no doubts about it. The match report from the Guardian had 152 comments at 9am this morning and you'd be lucky to get 152 comments. on the SPL from that website throughout a whole season, so there's definitely external interest in the league.

Bigger gap between leaders in the EPL :ok:

We will drop more points but so will Aberdeen. They are a very agricultural side in their approach, it's all about knock downs, running the channels and playing percentages which will only get you so far. I don't believe they have the guile to break down teams when they set up to frustrate them. I think they have the players that are good enough but McInnes seems insistent on stifling his technical players and adopting a route 1 approach.

Interesting comment.

I don't disagree with you that last night we were a bit more long-ball than normal, but I'd suggest that was more to do with horses for courses and the appalling state of the pitch than anything else.

First half an hour we were overrun in midfield and the only ball out was the long ball. Second half we changed things around and pretty much outplayed Celtic, with far more football on show.

Any team that has McGinn and Hayes in the side creating the vast majority of our chances can hardly be described as 'agricultural', and there's no way that our technical players are stifled in any shape or form.

You're right though that we often have problems against teams that set out to frustrate us (or more accurately well-organised, solid sides), and 3 of them....Saints, ICT and Thistle....are our next 3 games, all away from home.

In 15 days time we'll know if Aberdeen are still in the title race, or not.

Watching the game again,it's unbelievable how CKR stays on the park.

As poor a decision as you'll ever see.

Only equalled by his refusal to give Aberdeen a penalty (and send off Boyata) just a bit later.

He's a really, really, reeeeeeaaaaallly awful referee sometimes is McLean.

I suspect he's got to the position he's in because he's the SFA poster boy for referee recruitment. The amount of f*ck ups he makes which effect games is adding up.

Brilliant win for the dandies last night!!

Celtic pummelled us for the first 25 mins but after Hayes scored that screamer we we're by far the better team and deserved to win!

If Shinnie doesn't get picked for Scotland there's something far wrong also surprised that Hayes hasn't been given a chance with Ireland. He was outstanding last night!

Think Celtic will still win the league but hopefully we keep the pressure on them. Be got for the Scottish game altogether!

Ps loved the way the Aberdeen players all lined up together and glared at the Celtic players while they were doing there huddle before kickoff.. It was as if to say "who the f*ck do yous think you are"

COYR