Travel - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Did the two guys who ran passport not take a step back, but offered their services to Thomson (or another company) to help arrange trips?

This day and age of the internet and cheapo airlines and sites like booking.com suppose its getting harder and harder for the football package holiday companies.

Apart from Wembley and Cardiff (?) did Thomson ever really arrange any away game trips?

Wee Jimmy & Eddie was going to go into semi retirement & ask the kids & family take over, they said feck that wae awe they drunken bams haha!! Sold up & retired & gave sports options the regular email Addys. Sports option could not make enough money hence they cancelled the Serbia trip. Shame really, always got great service with passport travel if not a wee bit dear

Wee Jimmy & Eddie was going to go into semi retirement & ask the kids & family take over, they said feck that wae awe they drunken bams haha!! Sold up & retired & gave sports options the regular email Addys. Sports option could not make enough money hence they cancelled the Serbia trip. Shame really, always got great service with passport travel if not a wee bit dear

Used Jimmy and Eddie once (to go to Bari) - absolutely ideal as at the time it was a pain in the bahookie trying to get there under your own steam - direct flight from Glasgow and coach transfer to the hotel (which was perfectly acceptable - only marred by allowing half of Alloa to kip in it the second night and returning home to find one of them had taken the liberty of stealing my bed :angry: ).

Used Jimmy and Eddie once (to go to Bari) - absolutely ideal as at the time it was a pain in the bahookie trying to get there under your own steam - direct flight from Glasgow and coach transfer to the hotel (which was perfectly acceptable - only marred by allowing half of Alloa to kip in it the second night and returning home to find one of them had taken the liberty of stealing my bed :angry: ).

Yeah, used them many a time as I was fed up doing the plane, train, automobile & 3 countries to get to some games. Your hand was held all the way there & back, no matter what state you were in (my god I seen a few) you always got on a charter plane. As I said shame really ?

I did the Bari trip. A welcome option considering the location. Was hassle free and chilled travel. Unfortunately walked back to hotel after game from centre as no taxi. Fair distanced and a tad edgey through Greenock of Italy.

I did the Bari trip. A welcome option considering the location. Was hassle free and chilled travel. Unfortunately walked back to hotel after game from centre as no taxi. Fair distanced and a tad edgey through Greenock of Italy.

Some generous Italian gave Flora and me a lift in his Fiat - dropped us yards from our intended destination (Bar America or something like that - not normally a venue I'd chose but the owner happily ignored the booze ban earlier in the day!).

We walked 5 mins from the main area and found one of those small local bars where it's standing only with high tables. It was great. All Italians bar 2 of us minding our own business catching up, tv on blaring and regular policemen popping in for espressos. Red Peroni - espresso - red peroni - coffee liquer - red peroni on repeat.

We went passport for Bari as well. Hotel was about 15 mins drive out the centre, at the seaside ! Went to a Restaurant i think was owned by Amaruso family. Had a big picture of him up. My Arab mate got a pic beside it for his hun dad. They couldn't have been nicer to us.

We beat the booze ban (lol) in a wee cellar bar we had frequented the day before. Handing out tablet as an espresso sweetie to the locals had us well in. Please stay at the bar with your voddie/JD, and put it over the bar if you see the police. Aye ok :)

I was just thinking o Passport Travel yesterday!

I mind getting the trip offers in through the post before the days of email and for some time after before the owners got to grips with email!

If I recall correctly, I mind getting a good bye and thanks for your support type of email from them when they'd made their decision to hang up their boots.