Fat Sally For Killie? - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fat Sally For Killie?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCoist should forget about football management and focus on a career in broadcasting, if he's being advised properly.

Agreed. Apparently he was interviewed for both the Blackburn and QPR jobs although I assume it was just as a courtesy as if they'd been looking at his managerial CV he wouldn't have got past reception.

Are we all convinced that McCoist is no use whatsoever, based on his time in charge at an absolute basket case of a club?

Yes.

:lol:

Off the park he handled things well to a point, although his mask slipped on occasion, but on the park it was awful!

His signing policy, the style of play, fitness levels...

He managed the way I would expect if someone got drafted in to take a team for a testimonial. 11 players, including some old pals, 4-4-2, go out and play, see what happens.

Are we all convinced that McCoist is no use whatsoever, based on his time in charge at an absolute basket case of a club?

Yes.

I think he'd be a good coach/assistant manager with the right direction from a good manager but as his own man he's hopeless. Tactically inept, no ability to build a team or spot a player and too much reliance on the old boys network.

Yes.

:lol:

Off the park he handled things well to a point, although his mask slipped on occasion, but on the park it was awful!

His signing policy, the style of play, fitness levels...

He managed the way I would expect if someone got drafted in to take a team for a testimonial. 11 players, including some old pals, 4-4-2, go out and play, see what happens.

Yes.

I think he'd be a good coach/assistant manager with the right direction from a good manager but as his own man he's hopeless. Tactically inept, no ability to build a team or spot a player and too much reliance on the old boys network.

Personally I would give him the benefit of the doubt and judge him after he has had another crack at the whip with another club, whether that is Killie or not.

He needs to get a job as far removed from the "old boys club" routine and all the associated bullshit that trundles on in the background at Rangers as possible.

In fact, a wee gig outwith the Scottish media spotlight would be ideal.