Reality! "i'd Pay Less Tax If I Could" - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Reality! "i'd Pay Less Tax If I Could"

Eh no

Not unless I live in an utopian country with a government who actually need the extra money to do good things.

Or is it more of an awareness that we're being ####ed by the government?

Why would anyone want to contribute more to a government who doesn't care about you and your community?

Er, this is the less tax Fred.

^^Progressive^^

Can pay. Won't pay.

Will pay at some undefined moment.

Why should people on average incomes be asked to pay more when the top rate of tax has been cut significantly over the years, with a rising cost of living etc

The above doesn't even take into account the corrupt nature of governments

Why should people on average incomes be asked to pay more when the top rate of tax has been cut significantly over the years, with a rising cost of living etc

The above doesn't even take into account the corrupt nature of governments

Is the SNP government corrupt?

Is cost of living increasing? Oil price collapsed so decreasing energy and petrol costs. Inflation and interest rates rock bottom. First £10k tax free. Glasgow pubs and restaurants busy. People on multiple holidays.

Seems like you n ate worrying about impact on you than greater society. Nothing wrong with that. Good to have some honesty.

Is cost of living increasing? Oil price collapsed so decreasing energy and petrol costs. Inflation and interest rates rock bottom. First £10k tax free. Glasgow pubs and restaurants busy. People on multiple holidays.

Seems like you n ate worrying about impact on you than greater society. Nothing wrong with that. Good to have some honesty.

Probably at some level.

Seems like everything honky doray according to your post. I'm abroad just now so you'll know better than myself but I didn't think it was like that when I was back in Scotland recently. Problems that raising taxes on the majority of population will never solve unless governments completely change.

Maybe you should be careful what you wish for. There are a few different ways of reducing your tax bill. Some of them are less pleasant than others. :wink2:

None more so than my current method!

Edited by deecie

Income tax is generally 'fair'. (Although I would argue unfair to higher earners.)

The taxes that hit the poor relatively hard versus the rich are Council Tax (a disgrace in my view far worse than the poll tax) and VAT (also a total con job).

The ultra rich can if they choose pretty much avoid large personal taxes.

The Labour government did a lot to encourage the mega rich to move to London and pay almost no taxes.

Does the UK not have the highest tax burden, on its inhabitants, than any other developed country in the world?

Think direct and indirect taxation.

Probably at some level.

Seems like everything honky doray according to your post. I'm abroad just now so you'll know better than myself but I didn't think it was like that when I was back in Scotland recently. Problems that raising taxes on the majority of population will never solve unless governments completely change.

Racist :angry: .