Storm Imogen - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Feck London pray for me. Live just outside Peterborough and part of my fence blew down last night. Just come out for a smoke and it the wind is picking up again only with more rain this time. If you don't hear from me in the next 12 hours can you organise a relief party.

Joking aside so far its nothing worse than I'm used to from west Kilbride. Nothing special just a normal run of the mill winter storm

Feck London pray for me. Live just outside Peterborough and part of my fence blew down last night. Just come out for a smoke and it the wind is picking up again only with more rain this time. If you don't hear from me in the next 12 hours can you organise a relief party.

Joking aside so far its nothing worse than I'm used to from west Kilbride. Nothing special just a normal run of the mill winter storm

was watching bbc southday news earlier and the police in Hampshire are warning motorists not to drive and southwest trains are running at a reduced speed whit they like here in Bournemouth it's wet and it's windy oh and it's winter

I could be wrong but I think winter is normally our driest season (rainfall) and not the windiest either (probably autumn for wind and spring/summer for rain).

Couldn't say for sure fringo but to me storm Imogen feels like a normal storm. As I said used to it from growing up on the Clyde coast so to me it is nothing special. No doubt the media will make it sound like the apocalypse though

According to the lovely Carol Kirkwood, the highest wind-speed today in Southern England is 65mph.

However, the real tragedy is London being bombarded with 55mph.

I'm currently looking out some old clothes and provisions to send down.

It's good to know you guys up north are thinking about us, it's tough down here but we're trying to make do. The baker has just managed to get here but sadly his croissants were a bit cold and limp so we had to do without, one of our bins has blown over and the council can't get here till 2pm

It has been a freakish 6-9 months of weather in the UK though.

The regular rain and strong winds of the last few months and one of the mildest winters ever.

Also one of the wettest and crappiest spring and summer last year.

Yeah, we moved house in June, and since July our back garden has been soaked. I can't really tell if there's a drainage problem, or if it's just never had a chance to properly dry out.

I suspect it's a bit of both.

One of the reasons we liked the house was it had a good garden for our wee boy to play in, but as we've been keeping him off the grass 90% of the time, he just thinks he's not supposed to go on the grass now.

:lol:

1st world problems.

I occasionally wonder where the shed from our old house landed, as it was one strong gust from being bonfire wood when we moved out.

:lol:

I am finding the constant wet weather quite depressing, I like going outside.

:(

It's good to know you guys up north are thinking about us, it's tough down here but we're trying to make do. The baker has just managed to get here but sadly his croissants were a bit cold and limp so we had to do without, one of our bins has blown over and the council can't get here till 2pm

Thoughts & prayers with you, Arbroath55. Stay strong.

It's Mary.

There's a list here:

Took me ages to read that list Deecie.

My 2 rabbits are absolutely scunnered with the weather. Cleaned out the shed this morning and both of them ran out and straight in again and Hoppity bit me on the way past. It's nice she thinks I'm God and responsible for the weather but the germolene was sore and took away some of the happiness.

Edited by G-Man

Storm Imogen to hit southern England expect rolling 24hr news on this

This isnt funny I live in the south east and I had the devil of a job getting to waitrose last night, and when I did all the organic yak milk and artisan sun dried tomato foccacia was sold out. I had to stop at one of those awful discounters (Sainsburys) on the way home to get milk :yikes3: