Italy V Scotland In Malta - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Italy V Scotland In Malta

OLAS

30 minutes ago, Marky said:

Aye but it could go the other way aaid and be a real confidence destroyer, as the tattie field will feck up our silky passing game and play right into the hands of Italy's scrappy kick a rush style!

:lol:

Not bothered about that, just so long as we know what to expect in September and are prepared for that.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Planned on making Malta in September a weeks holiday but the price for a package deal shot up by £300 for the week the footie is on!! Booked for a week in May instead. Apart from all the other pros and cons, Strachan has said he plans on giving a number of fringe players a try out. Not a bad thing in my opinion.

9 hours ago, EddardStark said:

What is the transport infrastructure like in terms of getting to the stadium? The ground is in the middle of the island.

Okay, this was 23 years ago, but for the game there in 1993, you could get service buses easy enough up to the ground but the problem was after the game.  We'd arranged a minibus to pick us up which most people seemed to have done.   There was nothing at the ground at all and I don't think that's changed.

I'll be making sure I've transport to and from the match arranged in advance.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Okay, this was 23 years ago, but for the game there in 1993, you could get service buses easy enough up to the ground but the problem was after the game.  We'd arranged a minibus to pick us up which most people seemed to have done.   There was nothing at the ground at all and I don't think that's changed.

I'll be making sure I've transport to and from the match arranged in advance.

Was there in 1999 and it's in the middle of nowhere and there was no public transport at all. Hopefully it's changed now

There is public transport but would expect buses to/from the stadium would be hourly and unable to handle the crowds.  No direct buses from the tourist areas to the stadium.  Needing a change at Valletta bus station.  €2 for 2 hours on the buses. 

Taxis are quite expensive for short trips however you can book 10 seaters no problem.  Would be around €25ish one-way from St.Julians/Sliema area. 

Some local Scots are also running coaches.

Taxi rates can be found here: http://ecabs.com.mt/zonesrates/  

There's a wine estate you can do a tour at close to the stadium: http://meridiana.com.mt/ 

Finally, there's a large outdoor club close by also: http://www.malta.com/en/attraction/nightlife/ta-qali/numero-uno might be good for the game later on in the year.