New X Files Series ? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New X Files Series ?

I liked it too, just as a nostalgia trip if nothing else. I don't think it would win many new viewers who previously didn't like it but it was good seeing Mulder & Scully back in action.

Mulder's still at the crazy monologues about how they've been duped all along. I swear this speech was used at least once a year in the old series.

I've seen the first 3 episodes, the next one is a bit average but the 3rd one is hilarious. Only 3 to go after that, one of which is said to include the Lone Gunmen so that should be good!

Thought it was decent enough.

I wasn't that into it 1st time round, just watched the odd episode.

The wife watched it every week 1st time round and she seemed a bit disappointed, it reminded her of why she didn't like it, more than it reminded her why she did.

(I think that's what she meant??)

It was a bit shit tbh.Mulder thinks aliens don't exist now while everybody thinks they do,It was hard to take the guy from The Soup serious as well.

It was a lot shit IMO. Dreadful. Like something that would appear on Movies For Men after the 80's scuddy film has finished on a Saturday night. Mulder didn't have a car but seemed to be able to get from Bvtt####, Indiana to Washington and back again with no issues whatsoever and it was passed off as "hitchhiking". More holes in the plot than the Making A Murderer prosecution case.

It was a lot shit IMO. Dreadful. Like something that would appear on Movies For Men after the 80's scuddy film has finished on a Saturday night. Mulder didn't have a car but seemed to be able to get from Bvtt####, Indiana to Washington and back again with no issues whatsoever and it was passed off as "hitchhiking". More holes in the plot than the Making A Murderer prosecution case.

You consider not explaining fully how someone gets from A to B as a plothole? And in addition, the scene you reference with Mulder, comes immediately after Mulder seeing a fully operational ARV for the first time - I can see why perhaps your point of reference is 80s scuddy movies.........

You consider not explaining fully how someone gets from A to B as a plothole? And in addition, the scene you reference with Mulder, comes immediately after Mulder seeing a fully operational ARV for the first time - I can see why perhaps your point of reference is 80s scuddy movies.........

Yep, how silly of me, thats right, they took the INVISIBLE spaceship out for a spin. Obviously. FFS.

The storyline itself could have been written by an 80's scuddy movie script writer.

Everything felt very rushed. They had to protect the lass who looked like a Swiss cheese and then she is on the telly denying everything, the right wing nut job gets taken off line, she gets zapped by a spaceship and the invisible taxi service and all the scientists who have been working in secret get stormed and blown up. All within about 1 minute of TV. Just because THEY are now in a bit of a bad mood.

Yep, how silly of me, thats right, they took the INVISIBLE spaceship out for a spin. Obviously. FFS.

The storyline itself could have been written by an 80's scuddy movie script writer.

Everything felt very rushed. They had to protect the lass who looked like a Swiss cheese and then she is on the telly denying everything, the right wing nut job gets taken off line, she gets zapped by a spaceship and the invisible taxi service and all the scientists who have been working in secret get stormed and blown up. All within about 1 minute of TV. Just because THEY are now in a bit of a bad mood.

They covered it in a few minutes. I would suggest it elapsed over a longer period. It is only a 40 minute show.

What is your favourite X-Files episode by way of a reference point?

ALSO YOU NEVER SEE MULDER GOING FOR A SHITE, AMIRITE???

I think what he meant was.

Hitch hiking from A to B was surely less far fetched than an invisible flying saucer powered by nothing.

:lol:

I agree with your point about it seeming rushed. Perhaps could've done a longer 1st episode, as s lot of time was wasted setting the scene.

I watched it religiously back in the day and loved it when it was about the weirdos like Eugene Tooms more than the big alien conspiracy stuff.

The new series has started well but it was rushed and could have done with being over two or three parts.

Looking forward to the rest of it.