New X Files Series ? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New X Files Series ?

I watched it religiously back in the day and loved it when it was about the weirdos like Eugene Tooms more than the big alien conspiracy stuff.

The new series has started well but it was rushed and could have done with being over two or three parts.

Looking forward to the rest of it.

yeah, much preferred the "monster of the week" episodes. It went up its own arse, although the films actually brought it back a bit. Agree a lot seemed to be crammed into the first.

yeah, much preferred the "monster of the week" episodes. It went up its own arse, although the films actually brought it back a bit. Agree a lot seemed to be crammed into the first.

Hopefully we'll get some of the monster stuff too, although probably not in this run of 6 episodes.

He watched it and wasn't sure if he would like to stick with it. Fair enough. You watched it and were completely lost - as said clear enough why you didn't like it.

Have a word with yourself mate ffs haha!

Here's where I am with episode 1 - I was feckin leathered lying in a hotel room in London watching it through one eye but I still kinda noticed it was mince, like numerous folk I may add. I will probably go back and watch it to form a sober opinion though I don't see that changing much ,tbh it was mildly interesting for a couple of weeks first time around. Hopefully I will be able to follow the difficult plot about people searching for aliens (which was pretty much the same plot for every episode)a bit better this time.

They covered it in a few minutes. I would suggest it elapsed over a longer period. It is only a 40 minute show.

What is your favourite X-Files episode by way of a reference point?

Couldn't tell you a specific episode although I watched them all when it was originally on. The Tooms ones always stick in my head but there were all very watchable back then. Also enjoyed the story lines involving the shape shifting bounty hunter. I did feel it started to get quite messy towards the end of the series, the whole conspiracy part, which was intriguing in the first few season just became very difficult to follow.

I had high hopes for its return and while I appreciate episode one was a scene setter it just felt, well as I said, rushed and not as well written as my memory suggests the original stuff was.

Have a word with yourself mate ffs haha!

Here's where I am with episode 1 - I was feckin leathered lying in a hotel room in London watching it through one eye but I still kinda noticed it was mince, like numerous folk I may add. I will probably go back and watch it to form a sober opinion though I don't see that changing much ,tbh it was mildly interesting for a couple of weeks first time around. Hopefully I will be able to follow the difficult plot about people searching for aliens (which was pretty much the same plot for every episode)a bit better this time.

Trying s wee bit too hard now.

Couldn't tell you a specific episode although I watched them all when it was originally on. The Tooms ones always stick in my head but there were all very watchable back then. Also enjoyed the story lines involving the shape shifting bounty hunter. I did feel it started to get quite messy towards the end of the series, the whole conspiracy part, which was intriguing in the first few season just became very difficult to follow.

I had high hopes for its return and while I appreciate episode one was a scene setter it just felt, well as I said, rushed and not as well written as my memory suggests the original stuff was.

Was just checking to see whether you preferred the stand alone "monster of the week" episodes of the conspiracy led story arcs. I preferred the stand alone episodes and they really hit their stride in the 3rd season and beyond. The conspiracy episodes unraveled as the show ran on and it seemed they were just making it up rather than follow a an agreed arch or plot. But I liked the idea of fighting against the pre-set date of the alien invasion of Dec 2012 and like how this was all rebooted in the first new episode.

My favourite episode is Tuesday (think it is called that) when Mulder had to relive the same day of a bank robbery. Also really like (think it is Dreamland) when Mulder body swaps with an Area 51 official. Like the one with Eugene Tooms also. Think they did a follow up to that.........