Killie Vs Rangers - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Killie Vs Rangers

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

YA ####KKKINNNNNN BEAUTTTTTYYYYYYYYY!!!!

I have nothing else to add... other than, if anyone happens to find themselves around the Dalry area this evening, keep an eye out for my lovely wee pal hanging from trees.

#prayforScunny

He'll be fine, he'll be digging his club tie out just now :ok:

Honestly feel I've seen us play that game vs Rangers 100 times. The usual very early penalty gifted and happily granted. A referee desperate to give them everything - including a back pass free kick when a defender sliced a clearance and Macdonald picked it up without checking as it was so blatantly not a pass. A good shout for a pen for us turned down. Several shirt pulls not given or not carded. Then the late goal you've come to expect. 

All that said, no arguments with the result. We did well in the first half, set out similar to Ibrox but got at them well. Second half we just dropped deeper and deeper. Still looked defensively solid and they were mostly restricted to speculative shots from distance, but Macdonald had to produce a few great saves and it was obvious it was a matter of time. 

Late goal was a right sickener though. 

18 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Honestly feel I've seen us play that game vs Rangers 100 times. The usual very early penalty gifted and happily granted. A referee desperate to give them everything - including a back pass free kick when a defender sliced a clearance and Macdonald picked it up without checking as it was so blatantly not a pass. A good shout for a pen for us turned down. Several shirt pulls not given or not carded. Then the late goal you've come to expect. 

All that said, no arguments with the result. We did well in the first half, set out similar to Ibrox but got at them well. Second half we just dropped deeper and deeper. Still looked defensively solid and they were mostly restricted to speculative shots from distance, but Macdonald had to produce a few great saves and it was obvious it was a matter of time. 

Late goal was a right sickener though. 

What about the Miller penalty shout for us, not given...?

9 minutes ago, Scunnered said:
9 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

:lol: !

I'm fine, at the final whistle I breathed a sigh of relief in solidarity with all the worried wifes and girlfriends sitting at home in a cold sweat.

I'm fine, at the final whistle I breathed a sigh of relief in solidarity with all the worried wifes and girlfriends sitting at home in a cold sweat.

Don't forget boyfriends.

34 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

Motherwell won too so a happy night was had by all in the Wolfie/Chebs residence. Many thanks for your contribution in this. ?

Also, very helpful of Jig to drag out our inevitable success over two games and a 50% share of a crowd in excess of 50k. Very welcome to the club coffers and a great act from a truly great man. ?

1 hour ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Also, very helpful of Jig to drag out our inevitable success over two games and a 50% share of a crowd in excess of 50k. Very welcome to the club coffers and a great act from a truly great man. ?

Yes, that'll be well used. If there's one club I associate with financial prudence, it's The Rangers!

12 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

if I am thinking of the same incident as thewolf Miller never went to ground... He was pulled back to stop him getting the shot away from just past the penalty spot. It looked a blatant penalty to me.

Yeah, that's the one.  Definite penalty.  Some you get, some you don't.