Speed Camera On A1 To Berwick - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Speed Camera On A1 To Berwick

Was driving down this road the other night when suddenly got flashed by speed camera on other side of the road- single carriageway at this point. Couldn't see a fooking thing - completely blinded and nearly crashed.

I presume I can still get caught despite it being a GATSO camera set up to take photos from rear. Totally fooking dangerous though at night.

Ive read different bits online about GATSO cameras. I'm not back down to my Blackpool address till the weekend then I can see whether Ive been notified or not.

Apparently some GATSO flash when there is no film in them with oncoming traffic. If Ive been notified I'll need to determine which one it was and then check the road to see whether there are white lines on both sides of the road.

GATSOs are only licensed for traffic moving away from them in the UK, but have the capacity to capture forwards as well. They also occasionally run test flashes & deterrent flashes as well.

Other types though are forward facing & will flash in your face. I've not been down that road in a few years but seem to recall they were all GATSOs then, but you might need to check that's what it was.

I've seen a gatso flash at me going towards it. It was flashing away like a bad yin. Must have been on the blink. Nothing in the post.

I read that the forward closing cameras "pink eyes" aren't allowed to flash for the very reason the OP states, "you nearly crashed".

J

There's one near me that I put my lipstick on for as it takes my picture so often. It's on other side of the road and think it's set on a timer.

I'll get a shock one day though when I'm sent a picture of me speeding through it while blowing it a kiss.