Accommodation In Metz Looks Sparse - France v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Accommodation In Metz Looks Sparse

Robroysboy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grand Hotel de Metz booked for the Friday and Saturday night, with the City Hostel in Luxembourg booked for the Thursday night (land at 20:20, so by time I get there will be after 9pm and looking at getting a midday train to Metz the next day.... every hotel in Luxembourg wanted silly money, so for all I am there it will do).

me either can't seem to get the train tickets any further than a month from now. Can get the times though.

Can book as far as the middle of May at the moment.

Odd thing though, long distance trains seem to change times by the hour.... Getting from Luxembourg is no problem, but looking at getting to Basel on the Sunday and every time I put my eye on a train that is suitable, next day its gone/moved... then few days later it is suddenly back, or a new route appears.

4 hours ago, wanderer said:

Grand Hotel de Metz booked for the Friday and Saturday night, with the City Hostel in Luxembourg booked for the Thursday night (land at 20:20, so by time I get there will be after 9pm and looking at getting a midday train to Metz the next day.... every hotel in Luxembourg wanted silly money, so for all I am there it will do).

Looking into the possibility of running a bus from Luxembourg if there's enough interest.  Will let you know if something gets sorted.

1 hour ago, Chico said:

Looking into the possibility of running a bus from Luxembourg if there's enough interest.  Will let you know if something gets sorted.

Will keep a eye out :ok:

Trains seems to be fast, frequent and cheap enough, but will see what you offer mate.

5 hours ago, clarky1606 said:

me either can't seem to get the train tickets any further than a month from now. Can get the times though.

They go on sale 90 days before (or so I was informed by trainline europe)

Cheers ?