Accommodation In Metz Looks Sparse - Page 2 - France v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Accommodation In Metz Looks Sparse

Robroysboy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 8:23 AM, wanderer said:

Grand Hotel de Metz booked for the Friday and Saturday night, with the City Hostel in Luxembourg booked for the Thursday night (land at 20:20, so by time I get there will be after 9pm and looking at getting a midday train to Metz the next day.... every hotel in Luxembourg wanted silly money, so for all I am there it will do).

Will also be getting the train from Luxembourg to Metz on Friday. We land at 10.35 am. What is the best company to book train tickets with? Thanks.

8 minutes ago, DoubleSC said:

Will also be getting the train from Luxembourg to Metz on Friday. We land at 10.35 am. What is the best company to book train tickets with? Thanks.

French Railways website looks straight forward enough, but tickets not up yet

http://uk.voyages-sncf.com/train-tickets/book-your-train-tickets

Staying at the Golden Tulip Central in Luxembourg on the Friday night, Train into Metz Saturday AM sometime then Hotel du Theatre on the Saturday before train back into Luxembourg to come home again on Sunday.

On 11 February 2016 at 11:35 AM, tangerinetartan said:

Booked in the alerion right at the station

Ditto! Looks like a nice hotel and great location. Sold out as well

9 hours ago, Byrne2711 said:

Anyone staying in Luxembourg the Friday evening? Looking at getting flight from London Friday evening but doubt there will be a train down to Metz when I arrive. 

Yes mate, we are. We get in about 4pm fae Gatwick & are training it to Metz on Saturday morning :-)

On 13 February 2016 at 1:29 AM, Eastiebeastie said:

Spoke to Trainline and tickets around 1 month from being available. 

Cool. Is the website just called trainline? The one above is showing up as £70 for a return for a Sat to Sunday return for March which seems very expensive but think vayages is taking comission maybe.

Edited by laurataylordu

21 minutes ago, laurataylordu said:

Cool. Is the website just called trainline? The one above is showing up as £70 for a return for a Sat to Sunday return for March which seems very expensive but think vayages is taking comission maybe.

Looks like they are gonna be something around that price unless booked the day they are released on trainline europe.Might be some bit cheaper then, overall bus/coach will be far cheaper however longer. 

Opted myself for bus direct from brussels airport via luxembourg (£30 Ret) Paris should be less than that.

12 hours ago, Tom1172 said:

Yes mate, we are. We get in about 4pm fae Gatwick & are training it to Metz on Saturday morning :-)

Looking at all options as I think I'm 'solo' tripping it for this game. 1800ish flight from Gatwick seems best option otherwise it's a 7am flight on the Saturday morning which means leaving Somerset v early. 

I booked the Novotel in Metz for 3 nights, had a look this morning and saw its sold out, accommodation certainly is sparse in Metz, i'm hoping to go to Malta for the Italy game for 4 nights, fly to Munich from Malta then train through to Strasbourg, 2 nights in Strasbourg then the 3 nights in Metz

On 13/02/2016 at 9:43 AM, Tom1172 said:

Staying at the Golden Tulip Central in Luxembourg on the Friday night, Train into Metz Saturday AM sometime then Hotel du Theatre on the Saturday before train back into Luxembourg to come home again on Sunday.

3 of us staying in christophe columb in Lux on friday after flying in from City airport , then like yourself train to Metz on saturday and a night in Best hotel Metz , and back unday morning to Lux to fly home