The ?! - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

hate this new format. I want to use one click to go to a list of new content across all the sub forums. The closest here seems to be the old format but only within eg - TASpecific, or a list of every post. No likey. Same as others I think I hate it enough not to be on here much, if at all, anymore.

Anyone got a run down of where this feature was on the old board and what exactly it showed and I'll see what I can do to get it on the new board also.

27 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

hate this new format. I want to use one click to go to a list of new content across all the sub forums. The closest here seems to be the old format but only within eg - TASpecific, or a list of every post. No likey. Same as others I think I hate it enough not to be on here much, if at all, anymore.

Do you mean "unread content" part at the top of the home page ?

17 minutes ago, fringo said:

Do you mean "unread content" part at the top of the home page ?

You can also set it just to display unread posts since your last visit as per instructions earlier in the thread.

If it's something different you mean let me know and i'll try and get it sorted for you.

So you have to go into your browser setting and remove the TAMB from the list of sites that are allowed to notify you. Would have been better if that was not done automatically.

What does not seem right is the online users search - the filters seem to indicate this should be like the old members section but for some reason it is only online members it lists making most of the filter options pointless / useless. Todays Top Posters I will also miss. 

Am I wrong in saying the filters for new activity only appear when you are logged in - the older version I think it did not matter which was better.

This double spacing when making posts is deeply fukking annoying.

edit: wonder who the top 20 posters of all time are now the post count only starts at the death of the old board.

Edited by thplinth
reason for edit - what does this do I wonder

4 hours ago, Scunnered said:

It's a responsive theme so 'should' do it automatically.  I say should cos I've loaded the site on my two mobiles and had varying results.

Yeah, i think i'm in mobile mode. Which is an utter abortion of an interface. 

What a bunch of drama queens.  It's not all that different from the old board.  I've found all the same stuff in roughly the same place as I would have on the old board.   Give a few days and you'll forget what the old board looked like.  

Does anyone remember the time the changed the 'T' in the logo and it looked like the old rugged cross?   Board nearly went in to meltdown and ScottyCTA outed as admin :lol:

6 hours ago, Admin6 said:

You can also set it just to display unread posts since your last visit as per instructions earlier in the thread.

If it's something different you mean let me know and i'll try and get it sorted for you.

I'm not sure that folk want stuff sorted. They just want something tae moan aboot. Human nature.:lol:

4 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

The old link was New Content, it gave you the threads that had been updated in chronological order, newest at the top, but still listed threads that you had already read. This new Unread Content hides threads you have already read. Liked the old format better but hadn't seen the Unread Content button earlier.

Why would you want to read stuff that you have already read? There is some pretty decent stuff on the TAMB but reading it twice is a wee bit OTT.

44 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Why would you want to read stuff that you have already read? There is some pretty decent stuff on the TAMB but reading it twice is a wee bit OTT.

Do you have a link to this 'decent stuff' on the TAMB, I've yet to find it.