Hibs v Hearts - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hibs v Hearts

So with the game looking like a sell out, looks like its going to be a cracking atmosphere next Tuesday.

The result for Hearts last night against County will give them a boost after the disappointment of last Sunday.  Going to be a nervy night under the lights, cant wait.

p.s Hibs tv has announced it can broadcast to overseas subscribers, if you really need to see the game, there is a way..

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, giblet said:

So with the game looking like a sell out, looks like its going to be a cracking atmosphere next Tuesday.

The result for Hearts last night against County will give them a boost after the disappointment of last Sunday.  Going to be a nervy night under the lights, cant wait.

p.s Hibs tv has announced it can broadcast to overseas subscribers, if you really need to see the game, there is a way..

yeah so have Hearts TV, is there a way around it so I can watch it?

still waiting to see if I get a ticket or not

3 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

If I was 'into' football streaming over the internet, I might be inclined to look online for a link somewhere.

But I'm not, so I won't...

3 hours ago, hannibal smith said:

There's a program or app called proxy that makes it look like your logged in from abroad. I'm sure someone else more clued up on computers will be able to tell you how to do it exactly, but there is definitely a way round it

There was a few people on .net using it through the Raith channel when we played there a few months back

31 minutes ago, giblet said:

Hibs tv has said they are.

must be a big team broadcast only.?

Yeah hearts Tv said they were too and then made an announcement just before 5 saying they couldn't. 

The whole situation where the champions league is spread out for maximum Tv coverage and no domestic games are allowed to be televised need looked at. 

Can guarantee if you look at LJ's Live on Sat website next Tuesday, there will be games live on the telly that clash with the Champions League.

This happened a while back when Celtic's game was a blackout but in the pub, they had some diddy mobs from England playing live. 

Don't see anyway HibsTv can show the game if HeartsTv can't so suspect that it is simply the case HibsTv have not as yet updated their website.

The situation is utterly disgraceful. Firstly at fault are UEFA who should never have such stringent policies in place. There is simply no justification for not allowing a domestic cup game in Scotland to be shown on TV given the likely audience demographic because Benfica are playing Zenit and PSG are playing Chelsea. It is utterly ridiculous on every level. Not only does it once again pander to the elite who are earning hundreds of millions every year it handicaps further those clubs who are members of their organization and are trying to survive and thrive. Furthermore due to their never ending greed they have now split the Champions League game nights to such an extent that the last 16 ties alone take up 8 nights and 4 consecutive Tuesday's and Wednesday's. This can only lead to fixture scheduling difficulties for clubs in Scotland and elsewhere.

This brings me on to the second organization at fault and that is our own beloved SFA. I do have an element of sympathy for the last point I made above which is that UEFA have made things way more complicated given the sheer number of Champions League midweeks HOWEVER I'm not going to let them off the hook! The main reason being that they knew about this well in advance, however disgusting the whole system is UEFA didn't come up with it since Sunday, it was already set in stone. The English FA knew about it and adjusted accordingly and I'm sure will have already thought ahead to play cup replays on Monday's and all sorts next month when similar issues arrive. But what do our SFA do, well what do they normally do, SWEET FA!!! They don't think out the box at shifting league games that could be played in March/April, they don't think about Monday 22nd, they probably didn't even give the whole scenario consideration. Yet they are meant to be overseeing the best interests of our club(s). As if Hearts, Hibs, Rangers or Kilmarnock can do without the $80-100k right now from TV rights, as if our game doesn't need all the exposure it can get, as if our sponsors will be impressed to miss this opportunity. The whole thing stinks and though it comes as no surprise given the incompetents running our game someone should be asking questions. I hope Ann Budge is angry about this latest administrative feck up because she should be. 

11 hours ago, hannibal smith said:

Yeah hearts Tv said they were too and then made an announcement just before 5 saying they couldn't. 

The whole situation where the champions league is spread out for maximum Tv coverage and no domestic games are allowed to be televised need looked at. 

Rangers TV also in the sane situation for our game.

I did'nt realise the Uefa Mafia can stop games being shown when the CL is on,  who the feck is interested in watching a portugese, french and 2 russian sides play on tuesday night ?

So if that Hun Rummenigge gets his way we will be forced to watch teams from  England, France, Germany, Spain & Italy [only] on the new CL settup !!!!

Oh well it looks like Eastenders and Emmerdale on tuesday night