Alan Stubbs - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

17 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

I see he has responded to Robbie Neilson, having a pop back at him.

With all his issues with Warburton as well, is Stubbs simply incapable of rising above things and ignoring bait?

seems like a need to try and be seen as one of the big boy managers. i dont get it really - surely you would try and avoid this stuff? I understand all the mind games stuff and how managers try and use that but this sort of thing is pretty tiring.

speaking of which i see Warburton is in the papers today moaning about plastic pitches. Dont like them myself but there's a reason the smaller clubs do. Grates a bit when someone who has been in the scottish game 9 months tries to tell us how to run the game up here.

4 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

seems like a need to try and be seen as one of the big boy managers. i dont get it really - surely you would try and avoid this stuff? I understand all the mind games stuff and how managers try and use that but this sort of thing is pretty tiring.

People who are playing mind games tend not to tell the other person they're playing mind games!  Certainly not ones who are good at it anyway!!

Stubbs had every right to remind Neilson about their antics after the draw at Easter Road.  Glad for once that we have a manager that is standing up for Hibs, we arent the pushovers on and off the park we had become under a succession powder puff managers.

22 minutes ago, giblet said:

Stubbs had every right to remind Neilson about their antics after the draw at Easter Road.  Glad for once that we have a manager that is standing up for Hibs, we arent the pushovers on and off the park we had become under a succession powder puff managers.

Stubbs does like the sound of his own voice though, you know, he was the one doing all the talking last season and it didn't get him anywhere, you know, if he doesn't win anything and Hibs remain in the championship will he get next season as well? you know 

Stubbs is a complete fud. He seems to think anything he says is worth listening to. He's a nobody, managing in a nothing club in the 2nd division in Scotland. 

He should shut the feck up until he achieves something, then he will maybe be worth listening to. 

6 hours ago, ShedTA said:

Sorry I don't get this mind games nonsense, most of people in football couldn't spell mind games let alone play them

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

Stubbs is a complete fud. He seems to think anything he says is worth listening to. He's a nobody, managing in a nothing club in the 2nd division in Scotland. 

He should shut the feck up until he achieves something, then he will maybe be worth listening to. 

like dump the famous on their erses in the cup?

13 hours ago, ShedTA said:

speaking of which i see Warburton is in the papers today moaning about plastic pitches. Dont like them myself but there's a reason the smaller clubs do. Grates a bit when someone who has been in the scottish game 9 months tries to tell us how to run the game up here.

He has a view on plastic pitches and somehow he's telling the authorities in Scotland how to run the game. Various other managers and players have also had a say on plastic pitches but you single out Warburton. Well done. 

1 hour ago, giblet said:

like dump the famous on their erses in the cup?

Wow. You can join other shitey teams like Queen's Park and QOTS who've knocked us out a cup in recent years. 

Whens the dvd released btw? 

23 hours ago, ShedTA said:

Edited by dan cake

17 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

Sorry I don't get this mind games nonsense, most of people in football couldn't spell mind games let alone play them

Agreed load of pish if you ask me but my point was that they use that as the reason to respond to stuff like this. As I said above would be better just saying nothing surely and getting on with it. But some managers go looking for it more than others. I guess at times all managers get sucked into it.

10 hours ago, Parklife said:

Wow. You can join other shitey teams like Queen's Park and QOTS who've knocked us out a cup in recent years. 

Whens the dvd released btw? 

/\/\/\

forgot about that one and is fuming that he made a khunt of himself....again.

7 minutes ago, macy37 said:

/\/\/\

forgot about that one and is fuming that he made a khunt of himself....again.

I forgot about a game I was at just a few months ago? Doubtful.