Ice hockey play-off on Wednesday 23rd ? - Page 2 - Czech Republic v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ice hockey play-off on Wednesday 23rd ?

wubbs

On 07/03/2016 at 2:54 PM, wubbs said:

Always the home team!

no worries; most Czech sport websites aren't overly friendly for the non-Czech speaker :)

http://www.hcdynamo.cz/

vstupenky na dynamo > online vstupenky > vstupenky > select the game

I've translated the page into English and cant see tickets past the 20th either.

34 minutes ago, peever1745 said:

I've translated the page into English and cant see tickets past the 20th either.

I couldn't even get it translated into English!!! I was starting to get really stressed as well!! If you follow Wubbs' link above at the top left hand corner on the main page you will see vstupenky.....(what Wubbs says!)  click on that then online..... (again what Wubbs says!) then vstupenky... all the games will come up. You will need a phone number and it didn't let me use my number. You can try using your hotel number and this should be 9 numbers long - only know this because Wubbs has been so helpful not because I'm clever lol

I couldn't even get it translated into English!!! I was starting to get really stressed as well!! If you follow Wubbs' link above at the top left hand corner on the main page, if you leave it in the local lingo,  you will see vstupenky.....(what Wubbs says!)  click on that then online..... (again what Wubbs says!) then vstupenky... all the games will come up. You will need a phone number and it didn't let me use my number. You can try using your hotel number and this should be 9 numbers long - only know this because Wubbs has been so helpful not because I'm clever lol.

We have tix for the "home end". When you get as far as selecting your tix it comes up with different sections and just click on the section that you want and then it comes up with seats and just pick them as well.  We have bought section 109 which is behind the goal. Works out around £3 per ticket with the exchange rate of today. If you need any further help here I will try and help but Wubbs is the best person :) 

51 minutes ago, peever1745 said:

Don't know what I done wrong there!! See post above and hopefully that will explain it. Leave it in the local lingo and follow above as I couldn't get it translated. Give me a shout if you need further help but Wubbs is the best person to ask but I will do my best to help :) 

19 minutes ago, Graham-zs said:

What date is the game? £3 lol 

Friday 25th. Yep £3 a ticket it's going to cost more for the train to Pardubice about an hour away. Something for us to do on the Friday tho :)

12 hours ago, Tartan Queen said:

Friday 25th. Yep £3 a ticket it's going to cost more for the train to Pardubice about an hour away. Something for us to do on the Friday tho :)

Dam I thought it was Wednesday the 23rd.I fly back on the 25th :(

15 minutes ago, peever1745 said:

There is a game on Wednesday night at the 02 but not sure what time it starts. Think Wubbs has posted earlier on this thread the details of that. I have just sent you a message so you can just ignore that lol

21 minutes ago, peever1745 said:

Wubbs has got posts earlier but think a game on the Wednesday depends on other results. Should know more by the end of this week, if I'm reading posts correctly!! It may be an idea to give Wubbs a shout and he will keep you right :) 

So now that the play-offs are advancing, here are the options should anyone want to go to a game.

Wednesday 23rd 18:20 (likely start time)- Sparta Praha v Zlin / Chomutov / Brno (QF game 5) at the O2 Arena
Tickets will be available here unless either teams wins the first 4 games, and will cost 220-360 czk depending on where you sit. I would try avoid the cheaper seats in the upper tier if possible.

Wednesday 23rd @ 18:00 - Slavia Praha v Ceske Budejovice (SF game 6) at Zimni Stadion Eden
As far as I know tickets can only be bought at the arena: 80 czk for standing section or 120 czk for a seat.

For more info on the Prague teams and venues please see my blog post. As a fan of Ceske Budejovice I would recommend our game with Slavia as the better option, should either of these games be required. It's a semi-final and the teams are more evenly matched. Here's a clip from our game against them last season :ok:

For anyone willing to travel outside Prague the only confirmed game at the moment is
Friday 25th - Pardubice v Karlovy Vary (17:00)    
Tickets are 100 czk and can be bought here

There may be a few games on the Saturday, but that will only be confirmed on Thursday 24th.

Thanks for the update. Our flight doesn't land till about 530 on Wednesday. Was thinking I might get a taxi straight from Airport to the O2. How long do you think that would take? I know you said having bags might slow things down but it would only be some hand luggage. 

22 hours ago, McToot said:

Thanks for the update. Our flight doesn't land till about 530 on Wednesday. Was thinking I might get a taxi straight from Airport to the O2. How long do you think that would take? I know you said having bags might slow things down but it would only be some hand luggage. 

Google maps will tell you how long the journey will take.I think its about 30mins.There is a link on the topic Airport transfers that you can use to book a taxi.I have done this and Im staying close to the O2,transfer is costing me 550Czech direct to hotel.

9 hours ago, peever1745 said:

Google maps will tell you how long the journey will take.I think its about 30mins.There is a link on the topic Airport transfers that you can use to book a taxi.I have done this and Im staying close to the O2,transfer is costing me 550Czech direct to hotel.

probably 30-45 minutes depending on traffic. The main route into Prague (Evropska) can be reasonably busy

On 3/10/2016 at 9:18 AM, Graham-zs said:

I'm up for a one of the Wednesday night games. Can you keep us in the loop if they do go ahead please 

cheers 

graham 

Will do my best, although will be travelling around a bit in next week or two.

Updates can be checked here. Televised games are shown here

The QF line up will be complete after Sundays game betwee Zlín and Třinec

(If Zlin win they play Sparta; if they lose then Chomutov play Sparta).

Game confirmed:

Sparta v Zlin

Wednesday 23rd, O2 Arena @ 18:20

Tickets will be available here, and will cost 220-360 czk depending on where you sit. I would try avoid the cheaper seats in the upper tier if possible. The game will probably last between 2 and 3.5 hours.

Sparta won the first game 4-3, and Zlin won this evening 4-0. The series now moves to Zlin for 2 games on Sunday and Monday evenings.

My blog post on hockey in Prague.

1 hour ago, wubbs said:

Game confirmed:

Sparta v Zlin

Wednesday 23rd, O2 Arena @ 18:20

Tickets will be available here, and will cost 220-360 czk depending on where you sit. I would try avoid the cheaper seats in the upper tier if possible. The game will probably last between 2 and 3.5 hours.

Sparta won the first game 4-3, and Zlin won this evening 4-0. The series now moves to Zlin for 2 games on Sunday and Monday evenings.

My blog post on hockey in Prague.

Thanks for update. Been tracking scores last two nights. Tickets sorted for the game :-)

28 minutes ago, McToot said:

Thanks for update. Been tracking scores last two nights. Tickets sorted for the game :-)

:ok:

think beer is 40-45kc for 0.4 litre. Food was reasonable price too considering the venue.

• 3 weeks later...

Wubbs, thanks for all the advice. Made it to the Sparta game. Only missed the first few minutes coming from the airport. I'd forgotten how big the O2 was. 10,500 there and still only about half full. Next time I'll try and get tickets nearer the Sparta ultras haha.

Need to see if anything is on in Bratislava in October.

On 4/2/2016 at 5:03 PM, McToot said:

Wubbs, thanks for all the advice. Made it to the Sparta game. Only missed the first few minutes coming from the airport. I'd forgotten how big the O2 was. 10,500 there and still only about half full. Next time I'll try and get tickets nearer the Sparta ultras haha.

Need to see if anything is on in Bratislava in October.

no problem :-)

Was it a decent game? Yeah, the ultras/fanclub section is quite lively. I'm moving to Bratislava next week so plenty of updates in due course! Hopefully the fixtures are kind - the KHL is a bit of a step up from the Czech League.

53 minutes ago, McToot said:

It was ok. Sparta were a couple of goals ahead from fairly early on and Ziln never really looked like getting back in it, so pretty much killed the contest. 

I'll look forward to the Bratislava updates :-)

Yeah, two mismatched teams don't give the best game for the neutral viewer unfortunately. Saw them a few months back and they were 4-0 up after 20 mins.