AC/DC Fans - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

6 minutes ago, fringo said:

Cracking programme.

I'd no idea about George Young's and Harry (Dutch guy) musical careers with the Easybeats as well as producing  and writing a few classic songs for others - "Love is in the Air" ?!

Ha I was just about to post that. I knew they were successful producers, but had no idea about 'Love is in the Air' either. 

Cracking programme BTW. I'm biased of course, but they are simply untouchable when it comes to Live performances. It's amazing to watch footage of Angus at the Apollo, and then consider that he is still going at it with the same, crazy energy in 2016. THAT'S what sets them  apart from anyone else imo, they just refuse to go through the motions, and it's like a fecking whirlwind every time you see them. 

Anyway,  anyone that wants a bit more background into them should check out this fellas publications http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_?ie=UTF8&rh=i%3Aaps&search-alias=aps&k=jerry+ewing+ac%2Fdc 

Lots of rare pictures and snippets I had never seen before. Well worth a look. 

3 hours ago, fringo said:

Cracking programme.

I'd no idea about George Young's and Harry (Dutch guy) musical careers with the Easybeats as well as producing  and writing a few classic songs for others - "Love is in the Air" ?!

Always was a good bit of music trivia, now gone mainstream :(

Wonder why George didn't get interviewed? Enjoyed the programme all the same, a bit different from the usual rockumentaries (although the Rock n Roll USA one right after it was great too).

Thought the Scottish guy narrating might have been Jimmy Barnes, but saw at the end it was Colin Hay from Men At Work.

7 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Always was a good bit of music trivia, now gone mainstream :(

Wonder why George didn't get interviewed? Enjoyed the programme all the same, a bit different from the usual rockumentaries (although the Rock n Roll USA one right after it was great too).

Thought the Scottish guy narrating might have been Jimmy Barnes, but saw at the end it was Colin Hay from Men At Work.

Colin Hay Saltcoats man wiz gauny say gid Saltcoats man but there's no such thing :lol:

Caught this after the ac/dc twitter feed had gave the heads up.

Knew all about the band, but was good to get a insight into the background of the guys behind the band.

Knew that George Young was behind "Love is in the air" but never knew just how much of a star in his own right he had been before AC/DC came along....also the song Mal played on pre-AC/DC was a nice little tidbit of info.

Could have maybe dived into Bon's pre-AC/DC history (he was a backing singer in a pop band before he got famous (which they showed) and then played in a hippy band for a while before joining AC/DC).

Also the woman who owned the record company kind of ignited the fires on just how much Bon had contributed to Back in Black..... its said by everyone in the band that Bon never heard any of the music intended for the album, yet letter she received 2 weeks before his death states he heard some stuff (its known that a couple of days before he died that Bon played drums with the Young's on a jam session.....and a ex-girlfriend of Bon says he had been using the terms "You shook me all night long" and "Rock n' Roll ain't noise pollution" in conversations a number of times in the months before he died)

Edited by wanderer