Anyone work for Sky - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sounds like utter nonsense.  If they can pipe down a signal for Sky One, they can also get Sky Sports there, too. 

Would call back and speak to someone more knowledgeable and get a technical reason. 

That said, the home might be classified similarly to a bar where massively increased subscription prices would be required. 

If there's internet available and the TV viewing is only for his own personal living area,  you can get a TV box with a year's subscription to Sky and all sorts more for around £100.

4 hours ago, OLAS said:

Sounds like utter nonsense.  If they can pipe down a signal for Sky One, they can also get Sky Sports there, too. 

Would call back and speak to someone more knowledgeable and get a technical reason. 

That said, the home might be classified similarly to a bar where massively increased subscription prices would be required. 

If there's internet available and the TV viewing is only for his own personal living area,  you can get a TV box with a year's subscription to Sky and all sorts more for around £100.

My missus said exactly the same thing about how it could be to do with the number of people possibly watching it. I would have thought it was utter bollox

52 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

My missus said exactly the same thing about how it could be to do with the number of people possibly watching it. I would have thought it was utter bollox

I would have thought that because it's a residential home sky would treat it like a club or pub 

25 minutes ago, ibelieve!!! said:

Surely that would only be the case if it was in a communal area?

What's tae stop you running it tae the communal area? I know it's not likely tae happen but a pound tae a pile of shite that's whit sky wid be thinkin