Hearts Thistle Postponed - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hearts Thistle Postponed

17 minutes ago, Topcat said:

arrived early for a beer and it gets called off ... the jam tarts should get their baws well and truly booted for such a late call off ... something doesn't add up here

The ref only showed up about 1pm to take a look also.

2 hours ago, wheres the pies said:

poor wife wits wrang wae you lol big fella l know doon here travelled up from  bournemouth to  the game 

A wiz kidding. The snow shovel would have been broken over my heid if I even suggested that she cleared the drive.

Hearts twitter - between 11a.m. & midday

Folks, there's no pitch inspection planned this afternoon - very much game on here at Tynecastle!

Hearts twitter - 2 hours or so later

Partick Thistle game called off Heart of Midlothian | News http://fb.me/7wXkPawC3 

I was in the Haymarket area from midday - and there was next to nothing (snow/rain/snow//hail etc) falling from the skies above that would have caused the pitch to be as waterlogged as per the photos emanating from Tynecastle.

Fringo mentioned the ref showing up at 1 pm to take a look - now I'm not sure how much these khunts get paid by the SFA but if this is true and if they are getting close to £1000 a game, then they should be there from early morning to take control of the pitch and any shenanigans that might go on in the intervening period between arrival and the game ... or is it too much to expect a full days work for an obscene amount of cash?

14 hours ago, neil r said:

hubz.net is brilliant with their paranoid ramblings and conspiracy theories around how Hearts got the game postponed ahead of Tuesday.

They're making Sellick supporters look balanced.

asking if anyone knows anyone at Scottish Water to check water consumption on Friday night/Saturday morning at Tynecastle 

A few of my favourites so far...

"No way would a proper ref put this match off. Cash in a brown envelope, it's what they do."

"I don't think anyone is saying it's playable. Folk are questioning why. Let's see how many grounds round about the east are unplayable due to waterlogged get and we can then call it as it is."

"Definitely deliberately haven't taken care of the pitch. Every other game in the top 4 leagues is going ahead. Can't believe the number of Yam apologists on here. Cheats."

"
No. It's actually quite easy to do. You just leave a pitch that is soaking, don't fork it, do nothing to try and drain it and hey presto... Ref comes along and calls it off! It's really no that hard?! Only game off in Scotland today doesn't make you ask questions?! How did every other club with the same or more rainfall get their game on?!"

"
In my book that is proof that they have cheated again. I don't know why anyone is suprised? No way that amount of rain has fallen. As if they have done everything they can to get this called off. I would like an official investigation on this. Unless torrential rain there is no way groundsmen couldn't get game on. I would hate to think they have heavily watered pitch and then made no attempt to do the appropriate ground keeping. Sickening."

"They can compare rainfall stats for today vs all the other days hearts have had games on. I spent half of today outside in Edinburgh as most of you lot probably did..... I'm just perplexed that this isn't already a top sports story in the press. 

There must be strict rules over this kind of thing as otherwise it would be a way for cheats to manipulate things. Same as floodlights not working? Surely not just down to one ref?"

:lol:   :lol:  Brilliant

More rambling Celtic style paranoid gold...

"Yip, been hearing the alleged same from normally reliable gadges in the taxi trade, a decent investigative journo could make a name on this one. Will make tearing them a new one on Tesday all the sweater after the butchering they got in the first 10 mins and second half at the piggery "

"So next time it would suit us to postpone a match all we need to do is flood the pitch and no action would be taken bu the authorities?

We're not cheats so we wouldn't do that. 

All sfa need to do is compare rainfall stats versus gsmes cancelled at tyncastle to find out what happened."

"Checking the met. office .The wettest place in Scotland yesterday was Charterhall with 13.4 mm, just over a half inch. 

So Tynie gets a half inch of rain and the pitch is flooded. 

As i said yesterday, there was far more water on the pitch and in the front row of the Wheatfield and Gorgie stands than fell out of the sky."

:lol:    :lol:    :lol: 

Had similar feelings to the hibs/thistle fans about the Motherwell game at Tannadice on Boxing Day. Wondered how much effort was made to get that on...

probably going to pay off looking at the change in the form of both sides. Now Motherwell are the ones that can't buy a break!