todays big games - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

todays big games

Guest faircity

Agreed. Also if that was a second yellow for the Leicester guy then the arsenal left back should have been off in the first half.

Edited by faircity

6 hours ago, faircity said:

The referee is certainly trying his best to keep Arsenal in the hunt. 

He gave Leicester a penalty for Vardy kicking monreal :lol: 

disappointing that Leicester couldn't see it out. Danny Simpson's idiocy cost his team at least a point IMO and possibly 3. 

Guest faircity
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

disappointing that Leicester couldn't see it out. Danny Simpson's idiocy cost his team at least a point IMO and possibly 3. 

Im loathe to get into a war of words with you as clearly you have more time on your hands than i do but that was a penalty, as was the following foul on Mahrez inside the box. As stated before, if Simpson merited a second yellow then surely Atkinson should have sent off Monreal in the first half for two very bookable offences. 

26 minutes ago, faircity said:

Im loathe to get into a war of words with you as clearly you have more time on your hands than i do but that was a penalty, as was the following foul on Mahrez inside the box. As stated before, if Simpson merited a second yellow then surely Atkinson should have sent off Monreal in the first half for two very bookable offences. 

We can have a reasonable discussion or you can make snide wee digs at me... No "war" required either. 

I felt Vardy knocked the ball past monreal and then went towards monreal (away from the ball) and initiated the contact. He pretty much kicked Monreal and fell down. Certainly played for the penalty. 

I didnt watch the game, have only seen the goals and red card, so don't know about the other penalty shout or Monreal fouling. Simpson's 2nd yellow was nailed on though. It's a professional foul. The man has went past him and he's just hauled him back. That's always going to be a booking.  

Guest faircity

Not a snide dig at all, however much Vardy might have looked for it, it was a definite penalty, more fool on the defender for opening himself up for it.  The Mahrez one was far more obvious though. i think the referee shat it as the Arsenal players were on his back relentlessly throughout the second half, flashing their imaginary yellow cards etc. 

On the face of it Simpson was silly, of course, but he was clearly treated very differently from others. 

29 minutes ago, faircity said:

Not a snide dig at all, however much Vardy might have looked for it, it was a definite penalty, more fool on the defender for opening himself up for it.  The Mahrez one was far more obvious though. i think the referee shat it as the Arsenal players were on his back relentlessly throughout the second half, flashing their imaginary yellow cards etc. 

On the face of it Simpson was silly, of course, but he was clearly treated very differently from others. 

I disagree completely. I don't think that running away from the ball and into a defender constitutes a penalty. 

Vardy is an expert at "winning" penalties and free kicks though. Got to give him that. An excellent player and also excels on "gamesmanship"

Guest faircity

Fair enough, we shall agree to disagree, not sure where you get the running away from the ball part though. he played the ball with the outside of his right foot and moved direction 90 degrees, he was going at a fair clip and i dont think he can be expected to alter direction instantaneously. Penalty every day of the week. 

When you see it from the bye line angle, it's clear that Vardy steps towards monreal in order to initiate the contact. He even extends his leg out to monreal and kicks him. He's also falling before any contact is even made  

As you say, we'll agree to disagree. 

Got to agree with @Parklife on this.

Vardy has no interest in taking the ball past Monreal, he knocks the ball past him and runs into him.

monreal a bit unlucky.

saw most of the 2nd half and was a bit disappointed with how cynical Leicester were, are they always like that? Or did circumstances dictate?

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Aye, it should have been a free kick to Arsenal.

17 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Nice one.

Were you not tempted to stick in Liverpool? 

Try not to back for/against the scousers

Had AC Milan ht/ft in istanbul, a lesson learned in counting money before fulltime! If I touch them again it won't be them that are the chunts it'll be me that is

Cake logic

8 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Try not to back for/against the scousers

Had AC Milan ht/ft in istanbul, a lesson learned in counting money before fulltime! If I touch them again it won't be them that are the chunts it'll be me that is

Cake logic

:lol: I have two teams on my 'blacklist'

Leeds and Juve