Take Me Out - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I flicked it on for 10 minutes last night and the standard of birds has dropped dramatically. My ex used to watch it and i put up with it because every bird on it was a stunner. 

Now though? It's very disappointing. 

46 minutes ago, deecie said:

Take it you got a blackout?

46 minutes ago, deecie said:

Take it you got a blackout?

If that's a show related joke I wouldn't get it. :lol:

Is that when all the lassies put there lights out? Would never happen to me. More like the lassies would be putting each others lights out in the cat fight. :lol:

Edited by Marky

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I caught a glance at it and would still say a larger percentage would "get it" rather than not. 

I suppose in theory as the series goes on, the standard of the ones left sitting on the shelf is going to get lower.

All the good ones are away to Fernandos!

18 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Is that like a Spanish version of Nando's....?

Sadly I know this.

In the early series, they used to go for a date to a bar/restaurant called "Fernandos" in Manchester.

They upgraded it a bit, and now they go to "the Island of Fernandos" for a date.

Its actually Tenerife.

ive never plumbed the depth of the ITV2 spin-off "take me out - the gossip".

i think it came about as they all go at once at the end of the series, and their were rumours it was all but an orgy with them all swapping dates.

:lol:

I like the gossip show better than the program. I like First Dates, Dinner Date etc . Would never go on any of the progs myself - wouldn't like to expose my terrible chat up technique - veteran of internet dating - probs been on over 300 dates now.

18 minutes ago, irnbruman said:

I like the gossip show better than the program. I like First Dates, Dinner Date etc . Would never go on any of the progs myself - wouldn't like to expose my terrible chat up technique - veteran of internet dating - probs been on over 300 dates now.

I can't decide if that means you're good at dating or really shite at it? :lol: 

5 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Lad from Tullibody still got to be the greatest contestant in this show's history? 

'Tambo' apparently DID get his hole at the after party thing. 

Some bottle to March onto the telly dressed like this :)

Good on the eejit for showing up that cheeky, fat, Weegie trout! :lol:

We don't have an aerial in our house which is evident of the fact I don't watch any telly (outwith boxsets and fitba), but if I can catch something, Take Me Out is high up on the list of the few shows I'll bother with. 

Its a return to the sort of entertainment I grew up with on a Saturday night. 

The guys are almost all morons and the girls are no better. It's a total cringefest but makes for great entertainment laughing at them all. 

My mate Renny was on it a couple of years back and did well enough. Nice bloke and came across as such. 

Theres a clip that does the rounds of the worst ever contestant - someone should link it...

Edited by Dillinger

Just watched for the first time, The Stirling lads head tilt was very off putting. Fabian, Russel Brand wannabe, how old was he? The Manchester man, fair age too, ill fitting jeans, too short t-shirt and all lights stayed on, wtf? I liked Paddy, granted I've only seen those 3 clips but he seemed perfect host for the programme, not taking it too seriously and bit of a 'lad'. Plus I've a soft spot for him due to Phoenix Nights and Max and Paddy. 

I've become slightly addicted to First Dates but the Valentine show didn't tell you what had happened with couples after the show. :(

23 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Lad from Tullibody still got to be the greatest contestant in this show's history? 

'Tambo' apparently DID get his hole at the after party thing. 

Some bottle to March onto the telly dressed like this :)

I like him!

:lol: