Full Adidas Range - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Full Adidas Range

Andy North Croy

Was in JD Sports today and had a look through the complete "Scotland Collection"....seriously (and I'm not going to even mention the pink kit) is it not the cheapest looking set of tracksuits/t-shirts/training tops/leisure tops etc that ANY manufacturer has ever produced for us?

The printed badges are a joke (how many washes will they last) and the materials are thin and tacky.

Adidas are meant to be one of the top manufacturers, what happened to our "collection"?

SFA should seriously consider going elsewhere for our next supplier, Adidas are easily the worst ever. When does contract run out?

Couldn't agree more, the printed badges are a joke - cheap looking and as you say, will only get worse with ever wash. 

Shame as I usually buy a few bits for each training range but not touch any of this.

Poor what we get from adidas compared to the like of Real Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern Munich (appreciate they may sell more shirts than us) - would love to see some Scotland adidas 'originals' gear but can't see it happening. 

Happy see us move to a new supplier

2 hours ago, Andy North Croy said:

Was in JD Sports today and had a look through the complete "Scotland Collection"....seriously (and I'm not going to even mention the pink kit) is it not the cheapest looking set of tracksuits/t-shirts/training tops/leisure tops etc that ANY manufacturer has ever produced for us?

The printed badges are a joke (how many washes will they last) and the materials are thin and tacky.

Adidas are meant to be one of the top manufacturers, what happened to our "collection"?

SFA should seriously consider going elsewhere for our next supplier, Adidas are easily the worst ever. When does contract run out?

To be honest there's nothing at all new in a kit supplier giving us a printed badge, even back in the Umbro era the 1980 red away Lott had a printed badge 

5 hours ago, hannibal smith said:

the first range of training gear adidas gave us was not bad

this range and the last range have been very poor though 

Totally agree. I would buy another fleece despite the fact the one I have is still in good nick. The hoodie and the waterproof jacket are also quality items. I wonder if they pulled the stops out for the first range then thought it as the sales were not there. I cannot believe there is no lightweight waterproof jacket in the current range, especially given the rain we've been having. I wonder if they ever talk to clubs about what fans in Scotland like to buy as it does not appear there is any basic market research or her has. As for the lack of 100% cotton polos and t-shirts available in shops, don't get me started.

Edited by joecraigfanclub

It's all just cheap looking rubbish, there is not one thing I would wear. I'll buy the jerseys cos it'd be daft to mess up the collection but I won't wear them. 

VERY disappointed yet again. They see through rain coat shell suit thingies are just fkin boggin. 

11 minutes ago, billy corby said:

Classicfootballshirts site has player issue shirts jackets and polos  from the last campaign , and great prices!

Word of warning, these are super slim cut..... Bought the XL and my 3 year old daughter would just about fill it out when wearing it.

Absolutely spot on the quality is efin rubbish. The replica umbro kits of the 70's and 80's tended to have a flat print badge that faded and washed out over time but generally all club and national kits of the last 20 years have an embroidered badge or patch. Clearly it's the bottom of the quality range offering that has been accepted. No wonder hardly anyone is buying it.

my kids got the ones from Ali Express for just over £12 each.  home one is a slightly lighter shade of blue.  badge on the pink one is a slightly darker pink.  both came with full umbro badges, tags etc (even though this isn't shown on the site which I guess is down to copyright) about two weeks after ordering.

9 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

my kids got the ones from Ali Express for just over £12 each.  home one is a slightly lighter shade of blue.  badge on the pink one is a slightly darker pink.  both came with full umbro badges, tags etc (even though this isn't shown on the site which I guess is down to copyright) about two weeks after ordering.

You've been had. The official strips are adidas :huh:

I have some gear from when the round badge came in. Think that was the shirt with the massive collar time. Got a training sweatshirt I use when I play in goal and a nice wind breaker thin top that I love. The quality was pretty good with this stuff and has held up to lots of wear. Only get these bits when the price goes down if possible. 

The last lot of adidas stuff seemed crap quality, silly silver badge and very garish so didn't bother but fot one bit. Did get a pair of tracksuit bottoms as they were on special offer and they are falling Appart after a year of not much wear. 

The new gear looks ok to me after first close up inspection. It's the Vauxhall logo all over everything that puts me off. It Makes some nice looking gear look cheap. The iron on badge isn't as bad as lots say on here. My boy has a training warm up top and wears it all the time and the badge is still in good condition. Only got it as Xmas mind. 

• 3 weeks later...

Was in JD Sport in Dumfries today and they had a relatively smart rain jacket which I have never seen before. Only a small Vauxhall logo as well. Then I looked at the price 57 notes!!! Even with a discount its still £50 for a rain jacket.

At that price it makes the managers jacket at 95 quid look a bargain but I can't see that in any shops, only online.

JD and adidas have really missed a trick with this.

With them having sole rights it means Score Draw can no longer produce the retro range which were a massive seller.

JD currently stock 1 retro item, a pretty average 78 home top.

I know for a fact Score Draw would love to do another retro Scotland range.