Bit of advice from a malteser - Malta v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bit of advice from a malteser

A. Malteser

Now that you have 2 trips to Malta to plan, I though I would share my answers to some of the questions that posted here were asking about. You can of course ignore my sense of humour (leave that up to you) but I genuinely will be happy to help with any practical questions. By the way, I still begrudge Jim Leighton making an incredible save against Malta, sometime in the eighties. It finished 1-1 because of him.

http://dinoworldcup.blogspot.ca/2016/01/tartan-army-in-malta.html

Edited by A. Malteser
wrong link

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, jock strap said:

What about the ferries etc ? :D

There's a quick ferry, takes about 90 minutes from Pozzallo, the southernmost tip of Sicily. It's a hovercraft kind of thingy and you're inside. If it's a rough day it can be pretty miserable. There used to be a slow boat from Reggio Calabria, southern point of Italy which took about 10 hours. Not sure it still runs.

http://www.virtuferries.com/

11 hours ago, A. Malteser said:

There's a quick ferry, takes about 90 minutes from Pozzallo, the southernmost tip of Sicily. It's a hovercraft kind of thingy and you're inside. If it's a rough day it can be pretty miserable. There used to be a slow boat from Reggio Calabria, southern point of Italy which took about 10 hours. Not sure it still runs.

http://www.virtuferries.com/

Can't open the link. Does it cover the evening sailing between Malta and Egypt ?

This is interesting as l thought l'd be the only wan daft enough tae tackle Malta overland (and sea).

My research suggests that this Pozzallo carry on is probably the only way tae dae it. It seems tae sail morning and evening in both directions and l was planning tae take the Friday evening sailing on the way over. Might see some o yous aboot Sicily then.

You can easily do the whole thing overland. I have driven from Malta to London and back over 2.5 days (each way), slept in the car for the two nights. Easy 20 minute ferry when you get to Reggio Calabria over to Messina in Sicily and a beautiful drive through Sicily during the day to get to Pozzallo for the evening ferry and 90 minutes later you're in Malta.

Edited by A. Malteser
clarification

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, A. Malteser said:

Would have enjoyed it more if they had been allowed to cook their spaghetti on the spot.

Aye, the local council didn't allow us. Was organized mainly from my office but a Maltese boy took over and did all the interviews. 

The incense about Muslim's praying seems to have calmed down l down after that. Doubt it had a lot to do with it though. Being sent to the old mental hospital area likely helped more!