Board Update - Poll - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Board Update - Poll

Board Upgrade Poll  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Is the board better, the same or worse than before the last update?

• It's too early to say
    • Much better
    • Better
    • The same
    • Worse
    • Much worse
    • Arse gravy

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Board taking ages to post posts, i suspect the problem may be from using formatted information and not allowing the board to remove the formatting, to be fair though i'm just trying to post a tweet so it's hardly crazy formatting. If this posts quick without format in can form the start of a test series.

In my experience, whenever you do an upgrade - especially ones that involve changes to look and feel - users hate it at first.  It's the whole fear of change thing and especially if they are not initially using any of the new features, they don't see what is in it for them.

Whenever you speak to experienced users, they rarely complain about usability because they have worked out a way of using the system to their needs that they are familiar with regardless of how clunky it is.   Its also amazing how users will work around bugs and in some cases not even notice them.

Give it six months and if you were to go back and suggest taking it out and putting the previous version back there would be outrage*

*assumes no loss of function or major bugs in the upgrade.

8 hours ago, aaid said:

In my experience, whenever you do an upgrade - especially ones that involve changes to look and feel - users hate it at first.  It's the whole fear of change thing and especially if they are not initially using any of the new features, they don't see what is in it for them.

Whenever you speak to experienced users, they rarely complain about usability because they have worked out a way of using the system to their needs that they are familiar with regardless of how clunky it is.   Its also amazing how users will work around bugs and in some cases not even notice them.

Give it six months and if you were to go back and suggest taking it out and putting the previous version back there would be outrage*

*assumes no loss of function or major bugs in the upgrade.

I would agree with this post completely. Adding that in such situations many people all too easily get their nose out of joint and like nothing more than a negative rant!

What was the reason for the change in the first place?

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Seems awffy quiet even by recent standards. Mods have you noticed any downturn looking at your board stats (mentioned by parklife above)? It is hard to put your finger on it but the vibe is it makes you want to post less.

Probably because those people can't post!

I finally managed to post from my phone earlier, but the only way I can create a reply is by quoting someone.

Took absolute ages too...

Edited by Toepoke

38 minutes ago, McExpat said:

I would agree with this post completely. Adding that in such situations many people all too easily get their nose out of joint and like nothing more than a negative rant!

What was the reason for the change in the first place?

Don't ask ! :o

I asked the other day and got a war and peace response plus I got accused of being on of the moaners ! (only joking Admin4)

:lol:

The summary reason is that is needs updating every so often because of software advances and IT support implications etc.

In other words it's necessary to keep pace with technology.

On 17 February 2016 at 9:08 PM, fringo said:

ACtually - a plus to highlight is that if someone quotes my post I now get a notification. Never got that before.

On the other hand if it's Orraloon it could be arse gravy. :P

I liked the wee bell lit up at first but now I realise it's only to tell me Orraloon and Mindi are taking the p***.  I'm having to go to Edinburgh and back by train next week so my nerves are shattered enough without those 2 bampots!  :cry:

:whistling::D

5 hours ago, G-Man said:

I liked the wee bell lit up at first but now I realise it's only to tell me Orraloon and Mindi are taking the p***.  I'm having to go to Edinburgh and back by train next week so my nerves are shattered enough without those 2 bampots!  :cry:

:whistling::D

Oh good. I look forward to another top train tale. :lol:

• 3 months later...

It is a piece of shit and now the quote function is horrendously dysfunctional.

Why cant just go back to the previous version? Someone linked to the Leicester message board when they won the EPL and I noticed they were still using the old version of the TAMB software.

This one is whank.

53 minutes ago, thplinth said:

It is a piece of shit and now the quote function is horrendously dysfunctional.

Why cant just go back to the previous version? Someone linked to the Leicester message board when they won the EPL and I noticed they were still using the old version of the TAMB software.

This one is whank.

Correct