Board Update - Poll - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Board Update - Poll

Board Upgrade Poll  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Is the board better, the same or worse than before the last update?

• It's too early to say
    • Much better
    • Better
    • The same
    • Worse
    • Much worse
    • Arse gravy

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

See, if G-Man can work it anybody can.:ok:

I'll have you know I successfully navigated a train journey a couple of weeks ago. I don't want to boast, but I'm getting fairly brilliant at life. 

1 minute ago, G-Man said:

I'll have you know I successfully navigated a train journey a couple of weeks ago. I don't want to boast, but I'm getting fairly brilliant at life. 

But, did you get to where you intended to go?

8 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Whit's wrong with the quote function?

It's a pain in the arse that if you hit "quote" you can't get rid of it by navigating away from the page (have to manually delete every word then the quote box). 

The web version of the site is alright but the mobile version is absolutely shocking. From pop up adverts, to banner advert at the bottom of the page, slow navigation, to having to click the wee circle next to a topic to go to 1st unread post (previously you just had to click the topic)... I could go on. It's utterly fecking shite. Do you disagree? 

Traffic must be down on the site since the change, posting certainly is. It's not just a coincidence, it's because the board is now shite to navigate and interact with. 

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 7:11 PM, thplinth said:

Wow 87% of board users say the board is no better than before the update. That is quite a lot.

i think it is a improvement i can now use the quote function using internet explorer 11 (I use chrome as well switch between the 2 browsers)

16 minutes ago, FuNsTeR said:

i think it is a improvement i can now use the quote function using internet explorer 11 (I use chrome as well switch between the 2 browsers)

The quote function is worse on my laptop but otherwise not much difference.

Guest BlueGaz
On 2/19/2016 at 8:40 AM, ShedTA said:

Having problems with posts. Keeps pulling up quotes I have used in previous replies and won't let me type below. Hmmm..

This is the only issue I have.  but every day.

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 7:59 AM, Parklife said:

Traffic must be down on the site since the change, posting certainly is. It's not just a coincidence, it's because the board is now shite to navigate and interact with. 

Agreed. I'm only ever on here now if I'm near a PC. Impossibly slow to use from my phone...

I use the board approx 95% of the time via my mobile and find it easy enough to use. Although  if the change has led to a big decline in use, I would have thought that would have led a strong case to return to the old format.

In my experience the new version is slower via all devices - mobile, ipad and pc. Frustratingly so via mobile!

Don't really care about the quoting facility or the layout, but it's obvious that less people are using the board.

Like others have said, would be interesting to see board traffic stats before and after the changeover.

Guest flumax

Only able to post when using wifi. The amount of times I've written something when out the house to then hit 'submit reply " with no effect other than it being replaced by"  saving" repeatidly.  Nothing to do with signal as I can use all other sites including watching videos. 

Edited by flumax

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, ShedTA said:

Drives me mad when I'm trying to argue with you! :lol:

:lol:  I know.

Type type, no, better not say that ..... stuck.

13 hours ago, min said:

Like others have said, would be interesting to see board traffic stats before and after the changeover.

Just gone back through this version of the board and the archived old board. Decided to use May as an example as it's the most recent complete month. Then took the post-number of the first post of May 1 and the post-number of the last post of May 31 (to make it easier, that's the last May 31 post that ended a thread). Subtracting one from t'other gives a close-enough approximation of the number of posts made that month. The archived old board allows this to be done back to 2009. (Sounds sad but took less than an hour - still a bit sad I know.) So:

May 2009: 21,292 posts

May 2010: 16,895 posts (I think Reeky Sporran might have been suspended)

May 2011: 24,602 posts

May 2012: 19,106 posts

May 2013: 14,696 posts

May 2014: 17,434 posts

May 2015: 17,943 posts

May 2016: 9,505 posts

52 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

Just gone back through this version of the board and the archived old board. Decided to use May as an example as it's the most recent complete month. Then took the post-number of the first post of May 1 and the post-number of the last post of May 31 (to make it easier, that's the last May 31 post that ended a thread). Subtracting one from t'other gives a close-enough approximation of the number of posts made that month. The archived old board allows this to be done back to 2009. (Sounds sad but took less than an hour - still a bit sad I know.) So:

May 2009: 21,292 posts

May 2010: 16,895 posts (I think Reeky Sporran might have been suspended)

May 2011: 24,602 posts

May 2012: 19,106 posts

May 2013: 14,696 posts

May 2014: 17,434 posts

May 2015: 17,943 posts

May 2016: 9,505 posts

:ok: Good work from the board (or bored :wink2: ) Statto. 

Edit: Unsuccessful attempt to remove bold type. 

Edited by Regenmann

On 8 June 2016 at 7:59 AM, Parklife said:

It's a pain in the arse that if you hit "quote" you can't get rid of it by navigating away from the page (have to manually delete every word then the quote box). 

The web version of the site is alright but the mobile version is absolutely shocking. From pop up adverts, to banner advert at the bottom of the page, slow navigation, to having to click the wee circle next to a topic to go to 1st unread post (previously you just had to click the topic)... I could go on. It's utterly fecking shite. Do you disagree? 

This

On 08/06/2016 at 7:59 AM, Parklife said:

I never use the mobile version.

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I never use the mobile version.

I did once and whilst I had no problem with the board it did make a journey back from Edinburgh take over 4 hours. I use on my iPad and there's no difference from before. I don't like using my phone as a wee mini computer as I feel like an auld yin peering at the screen and muttering, "how can anyone see anything on this?"