The People v OJ Simpson - BBC 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The People v OJ Simpson - BBC 2

Anyone see this last night? 10 part series from the 'American Horror Story' folks. 

Decent cast. It was weird seeing David Schwimmer in a different role (Friends is never off in our house), and he seemed a bit awkward to me, although Mrs AY  assures me he has played the Kardashian bell end to a T. 

Travolta has received a lot of praise for his portrayal of the lawyer. 

I know little of OJ Simpson other than the basic facts of the case, but he seems a complete nutter. Making folk call you 'Juice', is a jailing offence on its own, for a start.  Was reading there, that, although a dramatisation, it's been based on actual testimony and events presented to the courts. 

Whether that will depict the truth, is anyone's guess, but should make for decent viewing if you like that sort of thing.

48 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Anyone see this last night? 10 part series from the 'American Horror Story' folks. 

Decent cast. It was weird seeing David Schwimmer in a different role (Friends is never off in our house), and he seemed a bit awkward to me, although Mrs AY  assures me he has played the Kardashian bell end to a T. 

I know little of OJ Simpson other than the basic facts of the case, but he seems a complete nutter. Making folk call you 'Juice', is a jailing offence on its own, for a start.  Was reading there, that, although a dramatisation, it's been based on actual testimony and events presented to the courts. 

Whether that will depict the truth, is anyone's guess, but should make for decent viewing if you like that sort of thing.

Watched it will keep at it. There was definitely a kardashian mentioned in the credits Travolta hus hud some major face work done 

Kardashian was one of OJ's Lawyers, at least he had a talent at something apart from having a fat erse and releasing sex tapes like his daughter. I am aware there are other daughters but have no idea what they look like or what they do.

i think the lawyer Kardashian died a few years back but could be wrong. 

I was in los Angeles with my mates (doing Californian, route 1 costal) the day he was found not guilty, have often discussed in the boozer how different our trip would have turned out if the verdict had been reversed. Will probably power watch once all episodes have been on, looks promising tho

4 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

I didn't see this last night, but will catch up with it in the next couple of nights.

I remember during the trial back ion the early 90's, when they televised it live on SKY news, I regularly sat up till 2-3 in the morning watching absolutely nothing happening for night after night, I was strangely addicted to it, and I have no idea why!

Even the judge was calling him OJ at one point.  He was totally starstruck :blink:

3 hours ago, thplinth said:

So if there is any justice Kanye West will butcher the fat bitch and then get off using the race card in court. 

Oooft, bit of an overreaction no?

I watched it last night and found it strangely compelling. I also find it interesting that folk in Amercia seem to get power and fame through their dads. The Kennedys, The Bushs, The Hiltons, The Kardashians...

51 minutes ago, northernscum said:

I didn't see this last night, but will catch up with it in the next couple of nights.

I remember during the trial back ion the early 90's, when they televised it live on SKY news, I regularly sat up till 2-3 in the morning watching absolutely nothing happening for night after night, I was strangely addicted to it, and I have no idea why!

Even the judge was calling him OJ at one point.  He was totally starstruck :blink:

I don't think most of us realize how big a name o.j is/was in the states

remember watching the result come in whilst drinking in the Student union at QMC.  Was a real "where were you" moment.  The evidence still points to OJ being guilty, the cult of the celebrity turned the Jury's heads.

Kardashian is brown bread btw.  Died of cancer early noughties.  

3 hours ago, tartandon said:

The Goldman estate got awarded the copyright and it was eventually published after being initially pulled.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/If-Did-It-Confessions-Killer/dp/0825305934

Because of link above I've spent ages following links and reading about this case, so you can have a read too tartandon! I know it's written by a father and therefore somewhat biased but I admire any parent of a murdered child who doesn't take any and every opportunity to kill the murderer. 

http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/1984/03/dunne198403

If CSI had been on in the days of the case and the police actually knew how to investigate a crime scene with chains of custody etc then it wouldn't even be a controversial case.

Lawyers of course happy to create a race-storm in the country to get their client off.

He is guilty as sin and did he not get found gulty when the goldman family took him to court for damages or something like that.He was eventually jailed for a robbery.

Edited by HIGHTOWER 1314

Watching episode two and this has some of the ####in worst hammy acting I have ever seen in my life,the only reason I will stick with it is because i want to see how bad it can get.

Travolta and Schwimmer are shit actors but they've actually taken their shittyness to whole new level.Travolta's accent changes from scene to scene and Schwimmer is playing Ross from Friends only he is wearing the hide of that monkey on his napper rather than fingering it.

Hopefully Travolta's eyebrows will get their own spin-off series

8 hours ago, TartanJon said:

Watching episode two and this has some of the ####in worst hammy acting I have ever seen in my life,the only reason I will stick with it is because i want to see how bad it can get.

Travolta and Schwimmer are shit actors but they've actually taken their shittyness to whole new level.Travolta's accent changes from scene to scene and Schwimmer is playing Ross from Friends only he is wearing the hide of that monkey on his napper rather than fingering it.

Hopefully Travolta's eyebrows will get their own spin-off series

The second episode was awful.  It was like some dreadful Channel 5 middle of the day TV movie.

9 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

The second episode was awful.  It was like some dreadful Channel 5 middle of the day TV movie.

I think you are doing dreadful Channel 5 middle of the day made for TV movies a disservice there.

I see it was the folk from American Horror that made it...My missus watches that religiously and sometimes I catch some of it while she is tuned into it,I've always thought that was brutal with really bad acting as well. Never understood how it always wins awards .