SHARE HIRE CAR BRUSSELS CHARLEROI TO METZ 2 SPACES - France v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SHARE HIRE CAR BRUSSELS CHARLEROI TO METZ 2 SPACES

macwomble

Arrive Brussels Charleroi from Edinburgh 18:05 Thursday 2nd.

Fly back same route 21:55 Sunday 5th.

Have 2 free spaces in hire car!

Its only about 150 miles so should be in Metz in about 2.5 hours and be there by 9pm Thursday.

Will leave Metz early afternoon Sunday.

Any other way by public transport will take minimum of 4 to 5 hours not including any time you need to wait at the airport.

By the time we hire car, pay for fuel and parking I would estimate car will cost about £45 a head.

If anyone interested please pm me.

7 hours ago, daveb said:

I will also have 2 spaces, but friday flights from Edinburgh, back Sunday night

Dave,

I'm on these flights:

EDI-BRU 1400-1645 FRI..... BRU-EDI 2155-2235

They tie in with you? I'd be interested in ONE seat as im on my own. I had planned to stay in brussels then get the bus on match day, but will change and stay in Metz.

8 hours ago, Mazziessc said:

Dave,

I'm on these flights:

EDI-BRU 1400-1645 FRI..... BRU-EDI 2155-2235

They tie in with you? I'd be interested in ONE seat as im on my own. I had planned to stay in brussels then get the bus on match day, but will change and stay in Metz.

Yes those flights. Think it will be 80 / 90 quid for car hire and fuel so looking at 20 ish quid each

50 minutes ago, daveb said:

Yes those flights. Think it will be 80 / 90 quid for car hire and fuel so looking at 20 ish quid each

Parking looks extortionate at up to £20 a day if your hotel is in the bang in the centre of the city and your accomodation doesn't have any reduced price deals etc. as ours does!! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 29 February 2016 at 6:20 PM, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Looking for 2 or 3 seats in car or minibus from Charleroi  ,Friday to Sunday . Thanks .

Four of us arriving from Manchester to Charleroi Friday morning departing on late flight back Sunday evening. We have flights booked but not car yet. I can enquire about a people carrier of you're up for this 

On 22 March 2016 at 5:57 AM, tam4ritchie said:

Four of us arriving from Manchester to Charleroi Friday morning departing on late flight back Sunday evening. We have flights booked but not car yet. I can enquire about a people carrier of you're up for this 

I've been looking into the best option for this.

ive contacted a few coach hire companies and the best quote returned is for a 20 seater and works out at £61 a head. This price depends on filling all 20 seats.

I've got a car load provisionally pencilled in and would be looking at taking a 7 or 9 seater. The car hire works out at about £30 - £35 a head depending on level of insurance. On top of that there are fuel costs and possibly parking costs for a couple of nights in Metz. 

The car hire is the cheaper option but I would be interested if anyone would prefer bussing it. 

I'm waiting until the troops get back from Prague before taking it any further. There might be more folk decide to go once Prague is over. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 08/04/2016 at 11:31 AM, daveb said:

Got a space going from Charleroi, Friday to Sunday. 30 quid all in.

Do you have a space available on the return trip?  I'm on the 21:55 flight back to Edinburgh on Sunday