Springsteen to play Hampden - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Springsteen to play Hampden

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I paid £15 for my ticket when I saw him at St James Park, Newcastle 31 years ago.

That was three times the price of a vinyl LP and 1.5 times the price of a CD.

It was also about 18 times the price of a pint of lager.

Using lager price then and now as a yardstick it's about right but when comparing CD prices then and now it's extortionate. 

Edited by neilser

1 hour ago, neilser said:

I paid £15 for my ticket when I saw him at St James Park, Newcastle 31 years ago.

That was three times the price of a vinyl LP and 1.5 times the price of a CD.

It was also about 18 times the price of a pint of lager.

Using lager price then and now as a yardstick it's about right but when comparing CD prices then and now it's extortionate. 

Just reflects how the business model in the music industry has changed, you can't make people pay for recorded music but you can make them pay for live music.

• 2 months later...

Anyone seen the Springsteen Sessions band before? Am going to see them in Aberdeen at the Lemon Tree on 28 May - they seem to have a decent reputation.

I've then got the Hampden gig on the Wednesday and have just found out that I've to be in London the following week, so I'm scoping out Wembley on 5 June (31 years to the day after my first Springsteen concert).

All coming together very nicely...

First show of the Euro tour tonight. Interesting to see how the setlist pans out, with the full River album not being played. First 12 songs, looking very good:

1. Badlands
2. No Surrender
3. My Love Will Not Let You Down
4. The Ties That Bind
5. Sherry Darling
6. Jackson Cage
7. Two Hearts
8. I'm Goin' Down
9. Hungry Heart
10. Out in the Street
11. I Wanna Marry You
12. The River

And the show live: https://www.periscope.tv/ContecIT/1YqKDlWBqDDKV

Edited by Stapes

Quite impressed with Periscope - hadn't used it before but realised that there would probably be a few streams from Camp Nou tonight. Am going to enjoy these next few weeks of the tour.

14 hours ago, Stapes said:

First show of the Euro tour tonight. Interesting to see how the setlist pans out, with the full River album not being played. First 12 songs, looking very good:

1. Badlands
2. No Surrender
3. My Love Will Not Let You Down
4. The Ties That Bind
5. Sherry Darling
6. Jackson Cage
7. Two Hearts
8. I'm Goin' Down
9. Hungry Heart
10. Out in the Street
11. I Wanna Marry You
12. The River

And the show live: https://www.periscope.tv/ContecIT/1YqKDlWBqDDKV

Garry Tallent said on Twitter a few weeks ago that they wouldn't be playing The River in full in Europe.

It appears to be a greatest hits built around The River, with most of the slower River tracks taken out. I can live with that but hopefully the setlist will evolve over the next couple of weeks with a few rarities thrown in (Detroit Medley please!).

Anyone know what's happening with the pit in the UK? Last time in Glasgow it was first come got right to the front. Great system, so hopefully they use it again.

14 hours ago, Stapes said:

It appears to be a greatest hits built around The River, with most of the slower River tracks taken out. I can live with that but hopefully the setlist will evolve over the next couple of weeks with a few rarities thrown in (Detroit Medley please!).

Anyone know what's happening with the pit in the UK? Last time in Glasgow it was first come got right to the front. Great system, so hopefully they use it again.

Seems a sensible approach for outdoor gigs  with more casual fans in attendance, although I'd have been happy with the full album.

I've never see either My Love Will Not Let You Down nor 4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy) live - would be happy  to get one or both.

The Euro set lists are looking pretty incredible so far. Lots of new songs every night and The River taking a back seat. 

My plan is to get there about midday the day before and get a number, which will hopefully get me front and centre. My son's first Bruce show, so I'm giving him two weeks to learn the basics of the set list.

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 9:45 AM, Stapes said:

The Euro set lists are looking pretty incredible so far. Lots of new songs every night and The River taking a back seat. 

My plan is to get there about midday the day before and get a number, which will hopefully get me front and centre. My son's first Bruce show, so I'm giving him two weeks to learn the basics of the set list.

Is that the script, Stapes? I've never bothered with the pit before, but I think this will be their last visit, so I'm going for it.

So, you go the day before? To where - South Stand? Can I get a number for my mate also?

Cheers.