Springsteen to play Hampden - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Springsteen to play Hampden

1 hour ago, Flora MaDonald said:

Is that the script, Stapes? I've never bothered with the pit before, but I think this will be their last visit, so I'm going for it.

So, you go the day before? To where - South Stand? Can I get a number for my mate also?

Cheers.

Thta's what happened last time. We turned up around 9pm and got our number. We went back at around 11pm for roll call. We then had to go back the next day at about 8am, 11am and 2pm (or something like that) for more roll calls. That got us to #154 in line, which in turn got us to second row.

The numbers were given out last time at the corner of the east and north stands, and you return there for roll calls. But you can't get a number for someone else. They need to get it themselves. I suppose they could get someone to do it for them, but I can't remember if the band they give you comes off or if you have to cut it off.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Stapes said:

Thta's what happened last time. We turned up around 9pm and got our number. We went back at around 11pm for roll call. We then had to go back the next day at about 8am, 11am and 2pm (or something like that) for more roll calls. That got us to #154 in line, which in turn got us to second row.

The numbers were given out last time at the corner of the east and north stands, and you return there for roll calls. But you can't get a number for someone else. They need to get it themselves. I suppose they could get someone to do it for them, but I can't remember if the band they give you comes off or if you have to cut it off.

Thanks for that :ok:

Folk also queuing since Monday for Croke Park tonight:

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/watch-meet-the-bruce-springsteen-fans-who-have-queued-outside-croke-park-since-monday-34750039.html

To keep Scotland's honour up we really need someone to start at Hampden tomorrow. Stapes/Flora, your nation is calling you...

More stuff here:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/music/bruce-springsteen-at-croke-park-why-he-was-born-to-run-and-run-34749754.html

Edited by neilser

29 minutes ago, Stapes said:

Aye, Tuesday for me lol. As the stage at Hampden runs along the North Stand there isn't much difference in being 1st or 50th.

Good stuff. We're heading down on a coach from Aberdeen early Weds afternoon so will be happy enough just being on the pitch - with that stage set up you're never too far away when you have a GA ticket.

Am also going to the Wembley gig on the Sunday after. Am likely to be there early afternoon, so  I don't expect to get anywhere near the pit but would hope to be close enough - the stage set up there is in front of where the goals would normally be.

I read something on Greasy Lake about a guy who's not missed a UK show since the early 1980s and was going for no 150(!) at the Etihad but was defeated by the traffic and had to turn back. Painful...

Edited by neilser
spelling

7 hours ago, neilser said:

Good stuff. We're heading down on a coach from Aberdeen early Weds afternoon so will be happy enough just being on the pitch - with that stage set up you're never too far away when you have a GA ticket.

Am also going to the Wembley gig on the Sunday after. Am likely to be there early afternoon, so  I don't expect to get anywhere near the pit but would hope to be close enough - the stage set up there is in front of where the goals would normally be.

I read something on Greasy Lake about a guy who's not missed a UK show since the early 1980s and was going for no 150(!) at the Etihad but was defeated by the traffic and had to turn back. Painful...

Grab me if you see me. If it's warm I'll be in a Yes t-shirt!

I know the guy who wrote the old Point Blank fanzine (runs it online now) and he's been to loads of shows this time round, both sides of the pond. When my kids have grown up I'm not sure Bruce will be touring anymore.

Btw, here the soundcheck for the first Croke Park show tonight - fkn unbelieveable:

THE TIES THAT BIND / SHERRY DARLING / DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN / ROULETTE / LOST IN THE FLOOD / SOMETHING IN THE NIGHT / BACK IN YOUR ARMS / HERE COMES THE NIGHT

On 23/05/2016 at 7:43 PM, Stapes said:

that just to stand near the front of a gig? 

On 25/05/2016 at 0:58 PM, neilser said:

What a bunch of sacks

On 27 May 2016 at 7:01 PM, Stapes said:

Grab me if you see me. If it's warm I'll be in a Yes t-shirt!

I know the guy who wrote the old Point Blank fanzine (runs it online now) and he's been to loads of shows this time round, both sides of the pond. When my kids have grown up I'm not sure Bruce will be touring anymore.

Btw, here the soundcheck for the first Croke Park show tonight - fkn unbelieveable:

THE TIES THAT BIND / SHERRY DARLING / DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN / ROULETTE / LOST IN THE FLOOD / SOMETHING IN THE NIGHT / BACK IN YOUR ARMS / HERE COMES THE NIGHT

Will keep an eye out for you...

There's definitely a feeling about that this sort of tour won't happen much longer, though I think he's got a couple more left in him.

Aye that's some sound check...

Saw the Springsteen Sessions band last night in Aberdeen - absolutely fantastic. The guy on sax was note perfect - well worth seeing.

On 29/05/2016 at 8:54 AM, neilser said:

Will keep an eye out for you...

There's definitely a feeling about that this sort of tour won't happen much longer, though I think he's got a couple more left in him.

Aye that's some sound check...

Saw the Springsteen Sessions band last night in Aberdeen - absolutely fantastic. The guy on sax was note perfect - well worth seeing.

Think the next tour is to be an acoustic one. In fact, this tour was meant to be acoustic, but I think he thought that he probably didn't have too many 3.5 hour shows left in him and wanted to do them while he still could.

From Greasy Lake:

"Go to the stadium, seek out the guys running the pit line (they will be sat on camping chairs no doubt holding marker pens). They will give you a number each, written on your hands. Assuming all works fine, that will be the order you walk into the stadium. You don't have to stop there, you do however have to come back for periodic roll calls, usually every 4 hours up to 10pm the night before and from I would guess starting 9am on the day off the gig. If you are not there for a roll call your name will come off the list. At some point on the gig day you will be given a pit wristband, that is assuming your name hasn't been knocked off for failing to attend a roll call. Once you have a wristband you can either leave the line, safe in the knowledge you have pit entry secured for later or you can stay in line and enter the pit in number order when they open the gates.

If you are not bothered about pit access, ignore the above and stroll up 10 mins before he comes on stage"

2 hours ago, Stapes said:

Think the next tour is to be an acoustic one. In fact, this tour was meant to be acoustic, but I think he thought that he probably didn't have too many 3.5 hour shows left in him and wanted to do them while he still could.

He certainly gives the impression of being a man on a mission. He must be just about the fittest 66 year old in the music business but I can see things changing before too long - hopefully will see a few more gigs of one type or another...

1 minute ago, neilser said:

He certainly gives the impression of being a man on a mission. He must be just about the fittest 66 year old in the music business but I can see things changing before too long - hopefully will see a few more gigs of one type or another...

Is he not 63 ?

46 minutes ago, fringo said:

Is he not 63 ?

Nope, 66.

I've a friend who was a top level professional athlete who still competes. He's not a Springsteen fan at all, but even he praised Springsteen's ability to do what he does every night at that age.

Look at his contemporaries - Bob Seger, John Mellencamp, Tom Petty, Steve Earle, Graham Parker etc - most either don't perform much or have pretty sedentary shows. Mick Jagger might still be pretty active on stage.