Springsteen to play Hampden - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Springsteen to play Hampden

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Stapes said:

At the railingsnear theBurger Co van if anyone wants to say hello! My son's wearing a red hoodie (his first ever show).

Wtf is he wearing a hoody for its foooking roasting

We were delayed getting down so I missed the first 2 songs completely (had to watch on Periscope) and then could only hear My Love Will Not Let You Down from outside as we went in...

Still, saw 4th July (Sandy) and Hungry Heart for the 1st time ever and thought that some of the 'standard' songs were superb, especially Darkness. Really enjoyed it as did those with me, of whom a few were 1st timers. Hoping to get Backstreets, Racing in the Street and Jungleland at Wembley...

First time I've seen him, would have been good to have seen him play Brilliant Disguise and Streets of Philadelphia but can't complain overall. 

Was driving last night, not sure whether the soberness makes you more aware of drunken erseholes? Seems to be par for the course at any event these days. 

2 minutes ago, they've_been_suckered said:

First time I've seen him, would have been good to have seen him play Brilliant Disguise and Streets of Philadelphia but can't complain overall. 

Was driving last night, not sure whether the soberness makes you more aware of drunken erseholes? Seems to be par for the course at any event these days. 

Especially outdoor events when it's been sunny all day!

8 minutes ago, they've_been_suckered said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it! Just some canny handle their bevvy and spend their entire time bumping into folk and/or being a space nazi lol

its Amazing the difference in policing compared to the football.

To be honest it sounds like you were being provoked.  I'd have sorted them out with a stirring rendition of the Billy Boys and then stole one of their weans! :ph34r:

I managed to get away from Hampden having only bought a  t-shirt and a programme - was swithering over a £50 black hoodie with the River tour written down each sleeve and on the breast but better judgement prevailed when I realised its sole effect would be to make its wearer look like a total sad case.

A couple of guys with me bought £20 Born in the USA baby vests for their babies  - I also noticed a replica of the black and white checked shirt Bruce wears on the  River album cover for £50 (looked like the sort of thing you'd get in Matalan for £9.99).

Ker ching!

2 hours ago, they've_been_suckered said:

Some folk seem to treat big gigs as a chance to take a day off and get absolutely sozzled.  When I lived along the road from Hampden I would take a wander out to listen to the odd gig for a bit from outside. I mind when the Stones played, there were folk still piling into Hampden steaming when the show was half over, plenty more being ejected blootered.

Never understood why you'd pay a wad for a ticket only to remember virtually nothing of the event!  

Edited by Toepoke

30 minutes ago, Flora MaDonald said:

That was great. Hadn't been well for a while. Fainted midway through Sherry Darling and got carted out by paramedics. 

Nightmare...

Were you on the pitch? I saw paramedics on the pitch for someone early on.- if I'd known I'd have said hello while they were reviving you   ;)

51 minutes ago, Flora MaDonald said:

That was great. Hadn't been well for a while. Fainted midway through Sherry Darling and got carted out by paramedics. 

Jeez, hope you're ok mate.

Saw guys drinking at 9am when I turned up for the first roll call. Don't see the appeal tbh. I've experienced in and out of the golden circle and in is a much more enjoyable experience - people seem to accept you have your place and they can't steal it. Outside it's a free for all.

Collapsed on the pitch. The nearest I'll get to the Hampden turf! Big thanks to all concerned. NHS staff were amazing. Big English guy in the crowd was immense. Think he was an army medic. I'd love to thank him personally, but our paths will probably never cross again. Was it a good show then!!??

1 hour ago, Flora MaDonald said:

No way Flora, i saw the whole thing.. sno idea that was you, i was standing a few rows back, hope you OK...

i'm on Fire not played, my only slight disappointment,

,,,   and , this will sound bad after a 3.5 hour concert, but after Shout when the band left and Bruce came back on for an acoustic no, i thought we would get one more rocky no. to end with.

My mate bought a Baseball cap   25 quid..... Jeezo

A fiver a pint seemed ok as you can pay 350 in a boozer. 

Anyhoo off to see Mr Young on Sunday  so we will see what he has to offer.... 

Edited by stocky

1 hour ago, Flora MaDonald said:

Collapsed on the pitch. The nearest I'll get to the Hampden turf! Big thanks to all concerned. NHS staff were amazing. Big English guy in the crowd was immense. Think he was an army medic. I'd love to thank him personally, but our paths will probably never cross again. Was it a good show then!!??

NHS?